G24 parking charge notice of £70

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi im new to this site and would like some advice on a parking fine/notice iv just received. iv received a parking charge notice for 70£ from a company called G24? saying if i pay in 14 days it will be 42£ but iv spoken to a few people and they have told me to ignore it as because it is not the council basically it is just a scare mongering letter with pretty red borders and they can not do anything but send a few letters etc.and they will give up. i was parked in a bannatynes car park at 21:33 till 01:17 and apparently the permitted free parking mins were 180 and my stay was 224. i dont know weather to pay the 42£ an just get rid of the hassle or ignore the letter and apparent letters to follow. im going to go back to the car park now to see if i can find the notices or any signs here i parked. but would appreciate some help or feedback from somebody who knows more about this kind of thing. would appreciate any feedback or help. thanks :)

Do not ignore. This is very bad advice.

Read through this subforum to understand why you should not ignore, what the issues are and what your best course of action might be

Hi

mb49,

Post 2 from BankFodder is correct. Do not ignore

Was this a windscreen ticket or number plate capture ?

If the latter then the first letter has to land on your door mat 14 days after the "offense"

Ok, when did you park because if they sent you the demand through the post and not a ticket on the car they have to invoice you within 12 days of the event and then they get 2 days for the post so you must receive it within 14 days. If it is outside this time then they can only invoice the driver and not the owner of the vehile and they dont know who was driving.

Do not ignore but if ouside the time write back and tell them that they are timed out for enforcing payment under the PoFA and you cannot help them any further so they should desist any further communication.

If they are in time with their demand you need to appeal their claim as the KEEPER of the vehicle and tell them that having visited the site to ascertain what the claim is for the signage could not be seen at night so you deny it was possible for someone to consider and accept a contract under those conditions. They will likely reject your appeal but they have to give you a POPLA code that allows you to appeal the claim to an independent adjudicator. When you get that letter come back here and we will help you formulate your appela to POPLA that has so far proven to be absolutely solid.

Read the other posts and parking prankster's blog about genuine pre-estimate of loss and you will know waht the parking co's fall down on more than anything else.