Anglian Water - Warrant of Control.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been served court papers (via Northampton's court bulk centre) for an outstanding debt to Anglian Water.

AW have added £50 solicitor's/£15 court fee. The court fee I can understand, but the £50 sol fee is a bit much. Can I contest the sol fee?

• 1 year later...

Hi, not sure this is in the right section.

Anglian Water applied for a CCJ for an outstanding debt.

during this process I agreed to pay a small monthly sum (application for the CCJ didn't go through,

I think, but on the letter there is a claim number).

Due to financial difficulties, and also my health has deteriorated (now claiming ESA),

I stopped paying the agreed sum.

Now AW are threatening enforcement action via Warrant of Execution, Charging Order, or an Attachment of Earnings.

They've given me until the end of the week to sort it out.

Any advice would be appreciated, as I would like to know how to proceed.

Thanks.

your credit file will tell you if you have a CCJ

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

C
redit
R
eference
A
gencies
:
Experian
Equifax
CallCredit
noddle

fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! -
HERE

Sort Your Debts Now - -
here

Start Your Own Thread
-
HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A
Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI
Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges
Read Here

my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness

NEVER EVER
- act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone

-
alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message -
Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

DX

RIP Martin3030

rant.gif

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

check it always worth it.

also do you have a copy of the CCJ?

did you contest it?

was it sent to the right address?

was the balance in dispute?

how old was the bill?

AW go for CCJ's when they have no rights too as well.

particularly when the debt was not in your name or several years old

tell us the story.

dx

and they

Re an existing CCJ; I'm filling in form N245 (Stay of Execution) to change my payment to something more affordable.

I understand the form has to be presented in person to the nearest court, but is it possible to do it online or via post? I ask as the nearest court is too far to travel.

There's a fee associated with this application. Does anyone know if you're exempt if in receipt of income-related ESA?

Thanks.

You do not have to present this form in person, but it must be sent to the Court where the CCJ was awarded against you. You mention a Stay of Execution - is the County Court Bailiff or High Court Enforcement Officer involved?

As for fees you need to look at Forms EX160a & 160c for guidance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks ploddertom!

The court is in Northampton, so I'll have to send it via post then.

Anglian Water issued a CCJ, and I decided to pay a small weekly sum. As I've been in financial trouble, AW are seeking a Warrant of Execution. So hopefully, submitting form N245 will sort it out.

Hi the fee is £45 unless you are on certain benefits. Make sure when you fill in the income and expenditure section, that you only leave the amount you can afford to pay each month as the surplus - i.e. if you can only afford £15 per month and (for instance) your income is 1000 then your outgoings need to add up to £985.

Also, send the form by recorded delivery to make sure they get it - take a copy of it before sending in case you need it.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Rather than send it off now I would wait until the Warrant of Execution has been issued and do both at the same time, saves having to do the form twice. If it has to go to Northampton everything will be then transferred to your local Court.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rather than send it off now I would wait until the Warrant of Execution has been issued and do both at the same time, saves having to do the form twice. If it has to go to Northampton everything will be then transferred to your local Court.

I was assuming that the N245 would affect the existing CCJ. The threat of SoE (by Angian Water) might go ahead, but they've given a deadline (about 2-wks left).

You mentioned two forms (esp. for the SoE). Can you tell me which one I'd also need to fill out? Also, Is there an additional fee? Many thanks.

The N245 is a dual purpose form - to suspend a Warrant of Execution or to apply for a Variation Order which is an application to pay by affordable instalments. The 2 forms I mentioned previously are those which you need to see if you can apply to have the Court Fees waived, there is no fee for their use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Just seeking some advice on a Notice of Issue of Warrant of Control (from Anglian Water).

1) I'm going to call Anglian Water and try to agree a payment plan. If they agree to the plan, can they stop the warrant?

2) If the above fails; I'll fill out form N245. But as the issuing court is in another county, I can't even afford the bus there! Can I post it to them?

3) If I have to attend (don't know how), apart from bringing form N245, is there anything I should bring? I can't afford two trips to the courts.

Generally, I'm aware of some basic bailiff procedures, and realize I don't have to let them enter my home, and to keep all the windows locked.

I've been given until the beginning of next week.

Thanks.

is this this years or last years a water bill?

tell us the story

dx

and they

Hi

Did you defend any claim issued against you...are you aware of the CCJ?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Did you defend any claim issued against you...are you aware of the CCJ?

Regards

Andy

No, I'm afraid I didn't. I simply agreed to it and submit a payment plan to the courts. AW insist there's a CCJ, but I'm not sure.

Speak to AW and try to agree a payment plan also state you intend to submit the N245 to stay any warrant should they fail to agree a repayment plan.(you can request within your application that any hearings be moved to your local county court.)

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Speak to AW and try to agree a payment plan also state you intend to submit the N245 to stay any warrant should they fail to agree a repayment plan.(you can request within your application that any hearings be moved to your local county court.)

Regards

Andy

Many thanks for the advice. I'll give AW a ring later on and hope to get this sorted out!

AW have added an extra £70 to the total debt. I assume this is for the Warrant of Execution. I take it they can do this? Can I contest it (esp. as on low income)?

Update: Called AW, and they mentioned that it's too late to setup a payment plan. So it's off to court I go!

Is it a Notice of Warrant of Execution you've received ? (not a warrant of control ??) if so then I would have thought it would be issued by your local court stating bailiffs will be calling ?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Is it a Notice of Warrant of Execution you've received ? (not a warrant of control ??) if so then I would have thought it would be issued by your local court stating bailiffs will be calling ?

Sorry, it is a Warrant of Control. I'm hoping to suspend this (and arrange payments) via form: N245.

http://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/PDFForms/EX322.pdf

As above N245 and suspend.

Regards

Andy

http://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/PDFForms/EX322.pdf

As above N245 and suspend.

Regards

Andy

Thanks for that Andy.

The debt I owe is under £600, but at the top of form EX332 (page 2), it states:

If the amount you are owed is £600 or less, you cannot ask the Enforcement Officer to try and get back your money.