O2 complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Mr. Dunne CEO of O2 TELEFONICA UK

It has been 10 days now since I emailed you and also wrote a letter to you and still no reply to my serious complaint. If verification were needed that you and O2 are a heartless, useless and inefficient major company without a care for your wrong doing, this is it. See copy of letter and email sent to you on 1.5.2014 below:

I have been authorised by my son, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, to speak to you and the staff at O2 on his behalf (see attached Letter of Authority signed by him).

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Mobile No (at the time):* xxxxxxxxxxxx

Account No:* xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am writing this letter in a final last ditch attempt to ‘knock some sense’ into your company and the staff that I have been dealing with over a cancelled phone contrast with your company via Carphone Warehouse, Woking Branch.

Let me start from the beginning.

My son was sold the contract at Carphone Warehouse and upsold the wrong phone & contract for him by xxxxxx, a member of the Woking staff on 12.11.2013. for a Samsung Galaxy S4.* (He wanted an Apple iPhone as he has an Apple Computer).

My son has Asperges Syndrome, a medical condition that does not allow him to fully understand certain complex issues or allow him to argue his case. He will accept what he by an ‘Expert’ is told as Gospel (plus other issues).*

In early December 2013, his mobile was stolen and reported to the Woking Police and yourselves and the phone was blocked.

This is when I learnt of his new contract for the first time. Fortunately, he was also sold a Carphone Warehouse Insurance Policy with ‘Geek Squad Policy No: xxxxxxxxxxx’ against which he claimed for a replacement Samsung Galaxy S4.

I spoke to xxxxxxxx, the manager of CPW Woking, about him being sold the wrong phone and* that the Apple iPhone 4S was the one he asked for (the obvious choice as he has an AppleMac Computer), my concerns that he was sold a Samsung instead and of the high cost of the Samsung Contract. I explained his medical condition which leaves him vulnerable to up-selling the wrong phone and asked for a termination of this contract. I am not blaming them as obviously, they did not know of his condition. Eventually, CPW AND O2 kindly agreed to cancel the whole sale & contract to him ,on receipt of a letter from his GP as to his medical condition. At a cost of £40 to me per letter paid to my GP, this was written on 11.12.2013 (see attachment).

Meanwhile, his replacement phone - Samsung Galaxy S4 - from Geek Squad Insurance arrived by delivery.

I went in to CPW on 13.12.2013 as arranged with xxxxxx (the manager of CPW Woking) to finally sort out the whole episode. I handed him the new replacement Samsung Galaxy S4 and all the paperwork including the letter from the doctor (see attachment).

xxxxxx contacted your company O2 by phone whilst I stood next to him and over the course of the next 2 hours, he scanned all the documents that I had brought in and uploaded them all to your company.* At the end of the 2 hours they confirmed that they were now happy with the return of the phone and paperwork and that the old contract of the 12.11.2013 was now cancelled and that he was free to take out a new contract.

xxxxxxxx the manager handed me a receipt for the return of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and contract which I now forward to you as well. (see attachment).

That should have been the end of it all, (I wish).

Subsequently, I bought him his new Apple iPhone and a new contract with you (O2) from CPW’s online company - Mobiles.co.uk -* on the 23.12.2013 (see receipt attachment).*

On the 23.12.2013, my son Tobias came to me telling me that he could not get access to your network. On that same day I phoned and spoke to xxxxxxxx in to obtain a PAC Code which I was told my son needed. He gave me the code - xxxxxxxxxxx.

I then spoke to your company O2. They told me that the problem was that CPW were at fault because they had not updated the system and advised you (O2) that the Samsung Galaxy S4 had indeed been returned (Now I know this to be true because I was in the store when the manager or CPW Woking spoke to your company and uploaded scans of all the documentation in front of me and confirmed the safe return).

I immediately phoned CPW Woking and spoke to xxxxxxxxx. He explained that they had all the information and that the PAC Code was all they need.

On 23.12.2013 at 1.45pm I phoned your company again and spoke to xxxxxxxx. I again explained the problem . He seemed to have a full grasp of the situation and went away to consult with a manager. The manager was happy that the phone had indeed been returned and xxxxxxxx accepted the PAC Code to allow the new contract to be implemented. Shortly after, my son’s phone was working on the O2 network.*

That AGAIN should have been the end of it all, (I wish).

Since then, my son has been continually harassed by your company for a charge of £675.22 for early termination of contract and failure to return the phone. You have called him on several occasions, written letters to him and he has spoken to you and told you that the phone had been returned to CPW Woking and that he would not be paying any money as you were not entitled to it.

Now, he is being bombarded and further harassed by your Debt Collecting Agency - ‘Buchanan Clark & Wells’* - threatening court action unless payment is made in full (see attachment for one example). I need to point out that my poor son WITH ASPERGES SYNDROME is already taking medication for depression. His condition has now worsened since your criminal hounding of him. Doctors Records available at a cost to you.

I have tried to resolve the issues by phone AND also online chat with your company and so has my son. WHY WILL YOU NOT COMMUNICATE WITH CARPHONE WAREHOUSE to resolve this issue

Also, several OnLine Chats have taken place to try to resolve the problem and for you to stop trying to claim money from my son that is not due to you. Please review your records to confirm. There was one particular ‘chat’ OnLine, for which I have copies if you need them (available on request at cost) :

One such exchange happened on

17.2.2014* at* 5:35pm - Chat with xxxxxxxxxxxx - again, you confirm to me that NO PHONE had been received and you refused to contact CPW to resolve the problem.

17.2.2014* at 7.32pm - Chat with xxxxxxx* and then his manager xxxxxxx - again, you confirm to me that NO PHONE had been received and you refused to contact CPW to resolve the problem.

17.2.2014* at 8.03pm - Chat with xxxxxxx then xxxxxxxx - again, you confirm to me that NO PHONE had been received and you refused to contact CPW to resolve the problem.

On 11.4.2014 after another threatening letter from your Debt Collection company, I tried to phone you at O2 but l was kept waiting for over 10 minutes so I had another pointless OnLine Chat.*

11.4.2014* at 12.47pm - Chat with Danny - I wanted to write to you Mr. Dunne, personally to complain at the threatening treatment that my son has received from your company and the total lack of professionalism that I would have expected form a major company such as O2. My son and therefore I, are expected to bend over backwards, put ourselves out and PROVE beyond any reasonable doubt* that we have done what was asked of us AND prove we have returned the Samsung and cancelled the contract ?

Your employee, xxxxxxx, REFUSED TO GIVE ME YOUR CONTACT DETAILS. How can this possibly be the case ?

It has taken me a while to obtain these details - not from your UNHELPFUL company, but from sources on the web.

To summarise:

1.* On 23.12.2013, my son and I, by mutual agreement, terminated the initial contract upon delivery to CPW Woking of all the requested documents and the return of the Samsung Galaxy phone on that morning.*

2.* On 23.12.2013 at 1.45pm I spoke to xxxxxxx at O2 about taking out a new contract with CPW and yourself and he satisfied himself and me that the Samsung Galaxy phone had been returned, otherwise the new and present contract could not have been taken out with you.

3.* Ever since that day, my son has been bombarded and harassed by you and your company (not CPW) for the money for early breach of contract AND non-return of* the Samsung Galaxy phone.

For the last 2 months he has been* bombarded and harassed by your Debt Collection company ‘Buchanan Clark & Wells’, threatening court action unless payment of the £675.22 is made in full.

4.* My son has never had a debt in his life. He and I have done everything that we should have done, phoned, emailed and OnLine chats to O2 to no avail.*

5.* Your company have refused point blank to contact YOUR BUSINESS PARTNER CPW to verify the return of the Samsung Galaxy and all documentation pertaining to the cancellation of the initial contract.

6.* Your operatives have refused to give me your contact as Head of O2 uk, so that I could finally enlist your help in resolving the problem - ‘UNBELIEVABLE’.*

Have you any idea how criminally upsetting your companies behaviour has been in the blatant bullying of my Asperges burdened son ?

7.* I would like a personal letter of apology to my son AND myself for your mishandling of this matter.

8.* Apart from cancelling the so called Debt of £675.22, my son in particular AND I would like substantial compensation for your incompetence the damage caused to my son £500 (you can call it a goodwill gesture) PLUS time spent* - 10 hours at my work hourly rate of £55 per hour) of time wasted on this sorry fiasco £550; PLUS cost of phone calls and this letter to you sent Recorded Delivery which I estimate to be £6.80 postage.*

(Additional copies of phone calls etc., are available on request at additional costs to you.*

9.* If this matter is not settled to our full satisfaction within 14 days, you are hereby requested to send me a ‘Letter of Deadlock’ , leaving me no choice other than to contact CISAS and Ombudsman Services to upgrade this complaint.

10.* You need to retrain your staff to be more helpful, cooperative and actually become proactive with regards resolving disputes and searching for the truth.*

11.* Personally, I will be happy for this to go to court, where I will be able to stand up as his representative, and present the facts and documentation, exposing your company in the worst possible light.*

12.* I will not be contacting your Debt Collecting Agency - ‘Buchanan Clark & Wells’. That is down to you, should you realise the error of your ways.

13. Your treatment of my son angers and disgusts me.*

I will be forwarding a copy of this letter to the CEO of Carphone Warehouse, no doubt you know him well, so actual communication between your two PARTNERSHIPS might actually happen ?

In due course, I will be placing a copy of this letter/email on any website I see fit to highlight O2’s incompetence and your relentless and unfair bullying of my son.

In due course, I will be contacting government bodies to see if you are in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act against my son.*

In due course, I will be contacting the newspapers with this story.

In due course, I will be contacting The National Autistic and Autism Society and they can highlight the story in their magazine.

Thanking you in anticipation, I await your reply with great interest but won't hold my breath.

The last time I tried to contact your company was yesterday, 30.4.2014 at 3.37pm. I spoke to xxxxxxx and was kept waiting . She eventually did as requested and put me through to a manager called xxxx. xxxxxx (a lady) then hung up on me without any cause ? The call lasted 17 minutes. That was the final straw.

Yours MrVeryAngry - xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi pg

Welcome to CAG

Your son's condition is covered by the Equality Act 2010. Clearly O2 need to make allowances if they have been informed about his disability.

What equality law means for your business (PDF)

OFT's Debt Collection Guidelines, how they should treat vulnerable people:-

Debt Collection Guidance - Office of Fair Trading

Here is Mr. Dunne's e-mail address :-

Mr Ronan Dunne

Chief Executive

O2 UK

ronan.dunne@o2.com

Copied this over from the other thread... I note the post has now been edited

Hi Patrick

Perhaps too much personal info, its a public forum and it would be sensible to edit and remove all person info.

I have a contact at Telefonica who has proved helpful in the past for a similar (ish) problem. It does seem to be an issue where you are being passed from pillar to post because nobody is prepared to take ownership of it.

Try the following contact on Monday.... jodie.moakes@telefonica.com, 0845 330 0683, copy email to ronan.dunne@o2.com. If no joy please update the thread and we'll take a look at best approach to get it (Telefonica) to take ownership.

I suppose you could also try Tim Morris (Co sec/ general counsel) at CPW... cpwplclegal@cpwplc.com 020 8896 5000 ( main s/board)

Thanks for your reply. I felt sick when you replied as I copied in the wrong letter. In the correct version, I had removed all the names and I really was gutted. This is the first time I have used one of these websites, and did it because I was so angry but,... if the names had gone in!... as you rightly say, too much information.

Thanks for the other info you sent.

I wanted to have a rant on Twitter and leave the corrected message BUT haven't a clue how to do it.

Best wishes