Mortgage claim, can they do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Time now to send the Letter before Action

Email: Customerrelations@halifax.co.uk

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi everyone.

Received my docs from the Halifax this morning.

Now I may appear to be thick but I cannot find the Spreadsheets in the library on this site. I really do not know where to start to work out the charges!!

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Pam

they were there, just found them...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

just make sure when u put the amount u wish to claim back, you DO NOT add the 8% interest... this is for when you get to filing the court claim only.

good luck! :)

:confused: I have recieved my copies of Credit Card statements from the Halifax

There are charges for unpaid direct Debits, Returned payment charges, late payment charges & cash advance charges.

Sorry if I appear a bit thick but can anyone answer any of the following questions?

Can I claim for all these?

if not which can I claim for?

Which spreadsheet should I use?

Do I just put a claim in for the amount charged or do I have to ask for an amount over and above a reasonable manual cost?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Pam

Has anyone had a successful mortgage claim against the Halifax?

I have just recieved my copy statements but they do not clearly state any charges for late payments, none payments, arrears etc.

There are the following "notations" on some sheets but the figures along side them don't tell me much.

Notations - INT1, SDNA, TFR1, SDIB,

They sent me a list of interpretations but none of them correspond with my sheets.

for instance the "INT1" notation is this the normal yearly mortgage interest or interest on the arrears?

If anyone is willing to help I can scan a couple of pages and email them to see if they can be decoded!!

Maybe someone who works for the Halifax and knows their jargon.

Thanks in anticipation.

Pam:?

There are charges for unpaid direct Debits, Returned payment charges, late payment charges & cash advance charges. Everything except cash advances

Which spreadsheet should I use? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

do I have to ask for an amount over and above a reasonable manual cost? No

There are no standard codes used; your bank will have devised its own
therefore I suggest you phone and ask them what they mean.

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

72d is the code for penalty payments/charges

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

I have just received mine from Birmingham Midshires, although a couple are missing I have called them and they will send them on. I must admit they are very clear and has a debit column to see what has been added on. I do think you need to call to ask what the codes are as only they will know. I bet they vary from bank to bank.

I rang about something I didn't understand like ADD'L DISBURSEMENT and BALANCE DEBIT ADJUSTMENT. Shame they didn't really know what they meant either !!!!!

Good Luck

Lizzy

Halifax

Sent LBA
27/6/06

Been on hol for a week, got home found letter from them dated
27/6/06 offer of £92 claiming £1155.10 so no deal.

Filed claim with Moneyclaim 12/07/06

Halifax acknowledged claim 25/7/06

Court papers received 28/7/06 Halifax intend to defend.

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL 1/8/06

Donation made

Birmingham Midshire (mortgage charges) Prelim letter sent 2nd Aug 2006, full offer received 11th Aug with conditions.

13th Aug accepted offer unconditionally.

BIRMINGHAM MIDSHIRES (MORTGAGE) SETTLED IN FULL 24/8/06

Sent SurlyBonds template letter to get defaults removed to Birmingham Midshires 27/08/06

DEFAULTS REMOVED 5/09/06.
THATS 9 DAYS LATER, YES 9 DAYS

Thanks for your reply.

I'm afraid the sheets I got from the Halifax are far from clear.

I have tried to scan a copy to this email but I have not been able to do so.

I thought maybe you would be able to make some sense of it.

I took the docs. into my local branch this morning but to be honest the staff there appeared to know less than me!!

Thanks anyway

Pam

These statements, if requested under the DPA, should be in a form that is easy to understand and without jargon.

Let the Halifax know that unless you receive a clear interpretation of these notes, you will press ahead with action for non-compliance which may result in the intervention of a court.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I sent off my first letter on (from the templates library) on 17th june asking for details for past 6 years for my Mortgage, Credit Card and Bank account from the Halifax.

I enclosed a cheque for £10 as suggested on this site.

I received the Mortgage and Credit Card details,

but today I got a letter asking for another £5 payment for the Bank Statements.

Anyone out there had the same reponse?:mad:

Check your account to see if the cheque has been banked - if so, inform them of the cheque number, amount and date it appears on your statement and remind them that their 40 days started from the day they received your original letter.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Hiya

When I was claiming my charges from 2 accounts, I was told it was £5.00 for each account, Am I right in saying you are claiming for 3 accounts? if so you need to send them £5.00 to cover the 3rd account,

Im just going off my fee's from the Halifax, but thats what I was told.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

If all the accounts are with one bank there is only one payment and one letter required (as long as you include all the account numbers in the DPA letter).

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

I was told £5 per account also and paid this for my two bank accounts... I now want to claim for my Halifax credit card, so this is another £5 then is that right? Also does anyone know the address to send the DPA letter to for the credit card?

Good luck everyone!

Yurp

I was told £5 per account also and paid this for my two bank accounts... I now want to claim for my Halifax credit card, so this is another £5 then is that right? Also does anyone know the address to send the Data Protection Act letter to for the credit card?

Good luck everyone!

If it's a DPA request then one fee should cover all data related to the person in question regardless of the number of accounts. By including an account number in the letter you are limiting the scope of the request to just that account, so either list all account numbers or ask for all data relevant relating to you as a customer, but either way there's only one fee to pay.

Not too important, as you'll get it back as an expense in your moneyclaim - the only thing to watch out for is the bank trying to use it as an excuse to delay production of the data.

For a Halifax CC use Retail Collections at the Trinity Road address.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Bugger, wish I'd known that, the £10 bit on the template DPA letter seemed a lot so when I was told no it would be £5 per account I thought this was a bonus! Anyway I'm going to update with more info in my thread now, it appears following conversation with customer services Im ok anyway! Cheers for the address

Thanks,

Yurp

I have trawled the site but can't find a tread about this so here goes.

Has anyone tried to claim back bank charges using the Legal Cover on their house insurance?

I also have a letter from the Halifax with a paragraph that reads

"In regard to your enquiry about Manual intervention on your account, bank charges are automatically and no manual intervention takes place."

Interesting don't you think!

anyone had a successful refund on mortgage charges?

I have received my details from the halifax but the only clear charge I can find is for arrears admin fee. I have asked the Halifax to send me my details in a form that is clear and not full of jargon.

However I do have letter containing the following paragragh :-

"In regard to your enquiry about Manual intervention on your account, bank charges are automatically and no manual intervention takes place."

Interesting don't you think!

Also has anyone used the legal cover on their house insurance to persue their claim?

I have now received my bank statements from the Halifax.

All the charges are simply marked

"CHARGES AS NOTIFIED"

No further details as to whether they are for refused D.D's or whatever.

Shall I just put these details in the left hand column of the spreadsheet?

Also do I have to put what the balance of my account was when each charge was taken?

The charges amount to £960 altogether.

Can I just put in my letter "plus any interest charged on these charges" as I don't know where to start on working it out.

Any help much appreciated!

I have trawled the site but can't find a thread about this so here goes.

Has anyone tried to claim back bank charges using the Legal Cover on their house insurance?

I also have a couple of letters from the Halifax with the following paragraphs that read

"YOU HAVE REQUESTED INFORMATION ON HOW WE CALCULATE OUR COSTS FOR DEALING WITH THESE TRANSACTIONS. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT OBLIGED UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT TO SUPPLY THIS INFORMATION, AND AS IT IS COMMERCIALLY SENSITIVE, I REGRET TO INFORM YOU THAT I AM UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH YOUR REQUEST."

Good luck everyone

Pam

just answered you in general but mine said the same it's nothing to worry about just put same in left column i didn't bother with intrest debited cause it doesn't add up to much and my claims bigger than yours, it's just to complicated, but i've added the interest at their unauthorised borrowring rate of 29.8% and it,s worth going for(my claim has gone up from £4133.58 to £5848.77 and you can add this in the prelim letter!

you might want to read this Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest??? it'll give you an idea of what your taking on

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

I have received the fob off letter saying

saying Halifax disagrees with the oft statement and as from 1/8/06 default fees will be £12 etc..

and no refund charges are due to me etc...

Do I carry on or is our campaign coming to an end?

The letter appears quite definate.

I am worried now!

Disallusioned

Pam