Letter from Past Due Credit Solutions about a talk-talk 'debt' not mine!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Today I received a letter from the above company with my name and address on it saying I owe £198 to TalkTalk.

I have never taken out a contact with TalkTalk before so I'm confused as to why they're asking me for money.

I'm also really careful with my money and only take out contracts if I know I can pay for them

and I'm now really worried that this will affect my credit score and being able to apply for things in the future (I'm only 22).

My question is, what do I do about this letter?

Do I call the company and tell them I've never had a contract with TalkTalk, but won't they want proof?

Or do I ignore the letter and anymore that arrive completely?

I'm quite worried about it as I've never had to deal with anything like this before any advice would be appreciated!

hi

firstly you are quite correct NEVER to speak to a fleecing DCA on the phone

about any 'debts' or letters.

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

no such LEGAL POWERS.

now

i'd go look at your credit rating and hope its not trashed.

try noddle listed below

that's free

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You should NOT telephone this company.

Send a letter to their head/registered office - it should be on their letter head.

Simply say you have received their letter and they are mistaken. You have never had a contract/account with Talk Talk and you trust they will not bother you again.

Print or use a digital signature - do not hand sign your letter. You should at the very least obtain a free proof of posting, but it might be worth sending this particular letter by Recorded Delivery.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Past Due are a Tame DCA who's idle threats serve great to use as Toilet paper.

But in all seriousness, Letter to head office, make it short clear and precise and youll see them off :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

I have previously posted about this but I thought I would write a post detailing what the letter I received a few days ago said and if anyone knows how I respond to it?

The letter was from Past Due Credit Solutions and says:

'We have been appointed by Jefferson Capital International to recover the account balance of £200.

It is important that you repay this balance before 15 May 2014. You can pay using any of the methods listed on this letter. This will avoid any further letters or telephone calls from us.'

It goes on to say if you are having difficulty making a payment call a number and let them know asap the best course of action for you.

Now firstly,

the debt is apparently from TalkTalk and I don't remember ever having anything to do with this company!

I have been told never to ring these debt collectors up and to write to them instead.

I want to ask them for proof of the amount I apparently owe but in the letter, how do I word it?

Also I'm unsure what details to include,

such as my name,

address etc (I know to print my name, not sign it).

I've never done this before so just wondering if anyone could offer any advice.

In the letter they sent me they make it sound like if I don't pay the balance before the 15th May,

the amount might increase?

Thanks in advance

Two threads merged

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Thanks for merging the threads :)

Can anyone please tell me how exactly to word the letter? (I'm not very good at this sort of stuff)

Post #3 above?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Yes just do a standard letter.

They have your address already so yes put your address at the top as you would with any letter.

Also the reference numbers they use in their correspondence to you.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

have you checked you credit file to see if its been trashed?

i'd not bother if nowt shows

Jefferson ... never heard of them

must be a low life DCA.

don't forget

these people have NO LEGAL POWERS

they aRE not bailiffs

just write stupid threat-o-grams

to spoof people into lining their pockets

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jefferson Capital International debt recovery/asset management/account transfer balance transfer service offers " debt reduction credits" and low repayments boss one David Burton Pres & CEO.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I posted back in May saying I'd received a letter from this company and they were claiming I owed around £200 to TalkTalk.

I sent them a letter saying I wanted proof of this debt and

they replied at the end of June this year

saying my 'request for further information' on the account had been passed on to the client and

I would be sent an invoice within 28 days.

This was obviously over 3 months ago now and

I haven't received anything at all from Past Due or TalkTalk themselves since then and

I'm wondering what to do next?

Do I contact them and ask why I haven't received anything or should I just not do anything?

I'm really worried about this affecting my credit score in the long run!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

elegant But Simple... Ignore PDCS

They are weak... They never take anyone to court and are like a little muttly that you can kick :)

(Not promoting kicking dogs here)

Just use their Threatograms for Toilet roll or hamster bedding

We could do with some help from you.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

yet again threads merged

please keep to one thread per debt issue.

did you check you credit file as advised back in May?

dx

and they

apologies for not merging threads, i don't post on here very often

and yes i have checked my credit file, there is nothing showing on there from them but i just don't want this to come back to me in a few years time with them still saying i owe money.

Whilst no one bothers you don't bother them is my advice.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi

Firstly, to prevent DX from telling you off :-), the way to find your started threads is by clicking 'my profile' which is above on the right. Scroll down a little and it will show you a link

'Find all started threads' click this and this thread will show up.

As to Past due credit, they have a responsibility to ensure they are chasing the right person so as they ignored your last missive, I would be writing a formal complaint to them and threaten them with all and sundry. From the beginning of this month, The Consumer Protection from Unfair trading regs got a boost. As I see it, this could be classed as harassment which is now a no-no.

There is also the boss of Talk Talk who may be able to help

dido.harding@talktalkplc.com

Please make sure this 'debt' has not appeared on your credit file and check you linked addresses to ensure there is no erroneous address there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I think the new CONC rules might play a part here too

if they do comeback

it doesn't make their case any stronger either.

just don't fall for their tricks

dx

and they