Disputing Jurisdiction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I entered into an informal loan agreement, the specifics of which were detailed in an exchange of emails. This loan was later increased and essentially became an investment in a joint business venture. The partnership was later dissolved by mutual consent (again there is an email chain to confirm this).

My former partner and I later fell out and despite me continuing to comply with the previously agreed repayment schedule my former business partner has issued in the county court demanding interest at an extortionate rate when the loan / investment had not interest agreed.

I have submitted the AOS but indicated that i would dispute jurisdiction - is this the correct approach? Is there any advice on how to proceed?

You dont dispute jurisdiction...unless you have reasons that the claim can not be dealt with in an English/Welsh Court.

Regards

Andy

PS Welcome to CAG Dusty:wink:

Read here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?356814-The-Process-of-Litigation..-Court-Claims-Defences(1-Viewing)-nbsp

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread