breach of conduct?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all im looking for some help please. i have been off work sick for 7 weeks due to deppression and panic attacks.I was considering going back this weekend as i do not earn enough to get ssp and i dont earn enough to pay national insurance so cannot get any help there work had been paying me company sivk pay but im only entitled to 5 wks which i have had i was fine with going back as my docter wanted me to have a trail period i was all set to return when i find out that the whole of my department know i was off for deppression and have added that this is cause im suicidle i now feel a compleye freak and it has caused me to have a panic attack no one but my manager and supervisor knew i was off sick for this reason and i have told no one surley this is private info that should not be shared ? .I just dont know what to do know can anyone help please?

First of all, don't get in a state over this - you may well find that your colleagues actually do not know much at all. It is maybe little more than a case of Chinese Whispers which is almost inevitable in an office environment, especially with longer periods of absence, and stress/depression are the most common theories that people come up with.

Of course the reasons for your absence should be confidential, but unless you know who has said something, or even whether anybody has said anything, there is little that you can do. Act on your doctor's advice, take things one step at a time and you may even find that your colleagues and employer are very supportive. What has happened to you is something that could affect any one of us at any time, and it should be nothing to be self-conscious over. Concentrate on getting yourself right, and share only as much as you are comfortable in sharing.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!