Landlord not replying to letters, messages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Since buying a lease for a commercial business I have yet been able to make contact with my landlord. I have phoned the number the landlord provided leaving messages which i assume were passed to him. I have also sent 2 letters via royal mail special delivery to his registered address which he has also provided me. It has been almost 2 months now and I am yet to receive a reply.

How do I resolve this without becoming a 'problem' tenant. I have paid rent and been extremely patient but now I have had enough of being treated this way and I feel he is deliberately ignoring me. Any advice, help would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Do you have problems that need resolution?

If so please indicate what they are, commercial leases put much more onus on the T.

Most business Ts are happy for LL not to be in regular contact.

Does LL have an agent?

Hi

Landlord does not have an agent. Prior to me buying the lease, refurbishment on the exterior was started, since buying the lease all exterior refurbishment has stopped. It has been left unfinished for 2 months. Tools and material have been left inside my shop. Also I need consent from landlord for new fascia and signs on the exterior which I have highlighted in my letter.

I have paid a rent deposit. If I go ahead and witthold rent surely the landlord will use my rent deposit to cover it.

I paid a large sum for the lease, and I'm abit reluctant to witthold rent so early on.

I guess I will have to be more persistent with the calls and consider to attempt to personally go to his office.