mother financed my car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope I'm on the correct page, my recently deceased mother took out finance for me to be able to get a car as I had an adverse credit rating, I would like to know what happens now as I have been paying it for 4 years, thanks for any advice, she also did the same with a static caravan I have been paying for 2 years, now my sibling is saying that she is entitled to half the caravan and the car as it will be getting paid out of mums estate, surely that can't be right . Please help.

The sibling wont be entitled to anything. If anything, the estate would pay it. I dont see how the sibling can say they are entitled to it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

She told me that as mum left her estate between us anything being paid out of the estate ie car and caravan, would belong to both of us, as she did it for me and I have been paying them both surely they belong to me.

AFAIK she's wrong. Others will advise better for you though.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Signing a finance deal and ownership are different things. You can prove that you were paying for teh car so it would be a shame that your sister decided to try and claim something that has no entitlement. I suspect she has been "advised" by a friend and has gone along with that.

If your mother left a will then it will be very clear what her estate was it is. If no will, then they cant be included in the estate anyway as they are the property of the finance co, stricty speaking.