style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had court fine while back

never paid it all,

paid small amounts coming out of jsa.

now recently got a letter from marston saying i have to pay £155 in full

i managed to pay £55 so the balance is now £100.

i asked them can i clear the 100 next Friday when my wife gets paid.

their response was this.(below)

I am not happy because i won't be able to afford the charges they now add to the balance

is there anything i can do.

i have showed am willing to pay and the balance would be cleared next Friday.

letter was dated 8th april dont i have so many days breathing space or something

Thank you for your recent letter

You will appreciate we are instructed to enforce warrants immediately and in full.

We regret we are unable to enter into long-term payment arrangements

and therefore the offer you have made and the time you require is not acceptable.

An enforcement agent will now attend your premises to execute the warrant and verify your circumstances.

This will incur additional charges and your goods may be at risk if the information

you have supplied is inaccurate or payment is not made.

Edited by chrisphilip

Sorry got an update

rang marston again.

spoke to a nice man who said payment in full is required.

but we sent you an email you have responded now.

the account on hold till 30th april so payment needs to be made then.

he said my advice is if you can't make payment then but can on the 2nd may like myself has said.

Ring back ask for me.

if am not available tell them to get me to call you back.

it will save on your phone bill and than ill talk to you then about making payment on the 2nd may.

which is two days later..

This guy was very nice will he keep to his word who knows

i really hope they allow me to make payment on the 2nd may i can pay in full for sure than

Can someone answer this for me what is classed as vulnerable?will the bailiff have to leave property

Read this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?421867-Taking-Control-of-Goods-National-Standards-2014 and look at the links provided.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris,

You need to make sure that you make the payment in cleared funds BY the 30th April and this should then conclude the matter. If however, you find that Marston Group make a visit beforehand then please post back and you will receive assistance.

Yeah guy on the phone said ring back the 30th if i still can't make payment till the friday two days later.he said please speak to me and ask for me if not there.ill ring you back asap.

Don't know what he will do when i ring up on the 30th he said extending it by 2 days should not be an issue but ring back then

Hi guys quick update i Rang back Marston today as i promised and told them Payment will still be made 2nd may As promised.

His response was ok thanks for calling back But i need to advise you if this goes to Enforcement officer you will occur charges.I said the account on hold till today he said yes but your account could be assigned to an officer in the next hr,2mra or even next week.

He said i can't promise no one will call,i said yes but surely you can hold the account one one more day his response no.hopefully an agent will see the notes i added today and hold fire till friday he said.

My question is now what happens if i make a payment Midnight thursday going into friday and an agent calls friday afternoon.surely the debt has gone because i made payment before they called?especially if i have the payment code

When you make payment make sure you either print a receipt or take a print of the screenshot, this should give you both date & time stamp. They may however argue that it takes extra time to be allocated to your account - up to 5 days in some cases.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You are faced with a double edged sword.

1 - by saying nothing gives them an opportunity to rack up extra fees on a failed agreement, you hope no one comes and you can pay up.

2 - by telling them they can think he has broken the agreement but is going to pay, if I go to visit before he pays I can charge extra fees.

All you can do is cross fingers & hope.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok thanks again

Well if they do come and add them extra fee's because they couldn't wait one day i hope there is something i could do.My wife don't need the stress already had one miscarriage and i don't want to lose this baby either.

Ill make payment at midnight like i promised and take a screenshot on my phone also ill be giving an Authorization code and email usually gets sent aswell.

He did say the account on hold today

Update on this paid the £100 at 8am this morning like i promised also rang Marston up they asked for Authorization code said account will be closed once payment cleared.left notes on the account paid.hopefully that's it now

If someone turns up now they can go do one

Well, I never thought I would hear myself saying this, but I have to give credit to Marstons. They have held off and given you time to pay and they haven't called round and tried

to add on any additional fees.

You probably don't realise it Chris but you are one lucky guy. Those of us who have been reading your posts expected the

worst. Normally "nice Guy" and "Marstons" do not appear in this forum let alone in a single sentence.

I am pleased for you and can only hope that Marstons continue to treat all their "customers" with the same humanity as they have done with you.