Lowell And CRA Reporting

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

A strange one. Just had a response from Lowell Financial that they are as mentioned before, removing the defaults for 5 accounts for me.

However on the email it says;

Further to the below, I have been advised by our Credit File Amendment team that T-Mobile have had some issues with removing defaults at their side. They are aware of the issue and are taking the necessary action to resolve this. I have been advised of a timescale of 14 days for them to amend this issue. As such, please check your credit file after this time.

Now i thought Lowell took full control of the default like some other debt purchasers, etc, but maybe they dont?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hmm! Interesting.

Just guessing here. Perhaps T-Mobile sell the debt with the rights to collect but not the responsibility to alter credit files.

OR

The Leeds Losers are bulls*****ng :razz:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I fail to see why it would take them 14 days.

This situation regarding defaults after assignment appears to be quite a contraversial issue. We really need some clarification.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Considering What Lowell have done, im not sure how to take it because there was another account on there from EE (Orange I think) and it was removed pretty quickly.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I fail to see why it would take them 14 days.

This situation regarding defaults after assignment appears to be quite a contraversial issue. We really need some clarification.

I somewhat agree here, We need a lot of clarification. To me it sounds somewhat strange etc. as normally i thought the DCA took FULL Control

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 months later...

Hi, i used to work in a Debt Sale department of a major bank.When an account is sold what should happen is the seller marks their default with a "Sold" indicator which will inform the CRA that there is going to be a change of owner. This should get the sellers default ready for removal, the purchaser will then, within 4 weeks add their default, which will have the same information other than the companies name.Now, as with anything it didnt always work that way.

Hi, i used to work in a Debt Sale department of a major bank.When an account is sold what should happen is the seller marks their default with a "Sold" indicator which will inform the CRA that there is going to be a change of owner. This should get the sellers default ready for removal, the purchaser will then, within 4 weeks add their default, which will have the same information other than the companies name.Now, as with anything it didnt always work that way.

Changes to the way the ICO " views" credit referencing means that both the original creditors "settled" default entry for the account remains side by side with the debt purchaser/DCAs entry to show the full accurate conduct of the account.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Ive just had a response from Lowell regarding my searches, should i take any further action.

I write further to your telephone conversations with Rachel and our recent email correspondence.

I understand that you are unhappy your credit file shows a number of searches undertaken by the Lowell Group and you believe this has had an impact on a credit application with NatWest.

I appreciate your concern in relation to this matter, however, as I will explain in more detail below, searches undertaken by the Lowell Group are non-credit application searches and cannot be viewed by third parties.

Any searches we carry out are mainly to try and locate the correct address for our customer. We will also review a customer’s credit file to gain an understanding of their financial circumstances to help set up affordable repayment arrangements.

Having investigated this further, our records show a total of 69 searches by the Lowell Group from 1 July 2013 to the 5 December 2013 although I appreciate that this does not tally with the number you have. Although the number of searches may seem high, as I am sure you are aware, the Lowell Group has purchased seven of your accounts. As we did not have an up to date address for you we carried out a number of searches in order to try and find a new address on each account. Having now spoken to you, we do now have your current address.

As mentioned above, the Lowell Group searches, are non- credit application searches, which means they can only be viewed by us, you and the Credit Reference Agencies and therefore do not affect applications for credit. This has also been confirmed to you by Experian in the email dated 28 June 2014 from Jermaine Nelson of Experian to you. I am, therefore, concerned by your comment that NatWest could see the searches. You say you do not have any documents from NatWest to show this and therefore we are unable to investigate this further.

Having reviewed your credit file whilst investigating your initial complaint, we note that there were other defaults on your credit file, in addition to the default reported by the Lowell Group. Multiple defaults are likely to be the main reason credit is declined although it is not common practice for creditors to give a specific reason for a rejection of credit.

Although the Lowell Group searches have been legitimately conducted, as I have already informed you, we will remove them from your credit file. I cannot, however, agree to remove the default when you have paid the account. We have an obligation to make sure the details of your credit file which can be viewed by other creditors is accurate, and you do not dispute that this debt is owed. The default is, therefore, valid and to remove this would misrepresent your financial history to future potential lenders.

I hope this fully clarifies the situation for you and I look forward to continuing to receive payments from you.

As we have agreed to remove the searches from your credit file, I hope this resolves your complaint to your satisfaction, but please let me or Rachel know if you have any further queries. The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) provides a dispute resolution service to assist customers who feel their complaint remains unresolved. You have the right to use this service for up to six months from the date of this final response and the FOS provides further information in their leaflet ‘your complaint and the ombudsman’. You can view a copy on the Financial Ombudsman’s website using the following hyperlink: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm. Should you require a paper copy of this leaflet, please let us know and we will arrange to send one to you.

Yours sincerely

Sara de Tute

Chief Risk Officer

0800 542 0058

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Ive just had a response from Lowell regarding my searches, should i take any further action.

Ms de Tute is correct in her statement on the removal of the default entry, it is correctly placed, even if you gave satisfied the default by paying it off, the debt was defaulted and the conduct of the account is now being reported properly.

Little to be done I'm afraid.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

• 2 months later...

I'm confused and annoyed. I received a letter from BPO Collections last week telling me that I owed £1,570. Having requested proof of contract from them (which incidentally I knew they couldn't have) they merely emailed me a few fictitious details which related to an address I haven't even lived at or knew of. Knowing the claim to be spurious, I repeated my request for proof so that I could place it in the hands of the appropriate authority to deal with. Still waiting for a reply....hm...hm....hm

I'm confused and annoyed. I received a letter from BPO Collections last week telling me that I owed £1,570. Having requested proof of contract from them (which incidentally I knew they couldn't have) they merely emailed me a few fictitious details which related to an address I haven't even lived at or knew of. Knowing the claim to be spurious, I repeated my request for proof so that I could place it in the hands of the appropriate authority to deal with. Still waiting for a reply....hm...hm....hm

Hi welcome to CAG

Please start your own thread in the " debt collection" forum so you can get advice on your problem.

Did you make a CCA request with the £1 statutory fee?

What is the debt, who was the original creditor?