Wages arrestment scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I had joint wages arrestment put in place for Council tax arrears my employer has stopped deducting my wages a few months ago but my husband is still having the money taken off of him. I assumed they would stop at the same time is there any reason that this would happen?

Thanks

Hello and Welcome Smcp,

I'd also assume both would stop at the same time, you would need to get in touch with the Sheriff Officers who actioned the wages arrestment and find out the reason for this, do you know how much is still owed and what payments have been made.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Definitely check if there is actually anything still owing. Depending on his work they might be making these deductions automatically and its just not stopped at the right time, even if they are making them manually they could simply have forgotten the date it was meant to stop. That happened to me, my boss used to send a cheque every month then take the amount out of my weekly wage, he ended up paying for three extra months and neither of us noticed because we were just so used to it coming off. Thankfully it was around the end of the tax year and the accountant noticed and I was able to apply for a refund. If you are owed anything back make sure you get it!