TK MAXX REFUND FRAUD MAde by mistake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I think i made return incorrectly by returning wrong bag

I realised this just know reading forums that i might get charged

I did it not on purpose

my partner told me to return and

it seemed i returned wrong one and

price tag was off so i didnt realised it was wrong.

what should i do know?

and there might be more occasions i just realise in the past as i didnt bother to much

but know i know this is offence what should i do???

Please help as i am stressed should i go back

and tell tk maxx of this or what should i do?

Thank you

get charged with what?

only the police can charge you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you were not apprehended by the store security staff then there is nothing they can do. Can you clarify that for us?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I was not apprehended by the store security staff but can they later check cctv and forward details to police ?? and they I get a letter from police? I know I made mistake and I can pay TK MAXX whatever they lost as I really earn enough and didn;t do it for money purpose I just genuinely didn't realize it

This is all very speculative at the moment.

As nothing has happened at the moment, it would be hard to say what will happen. All I can say is that TKMAXX 'may' scrutinise the CCTV and they 'may' pick up your mistake and they 'may' pass this on to the police (this bit I doubt)

'IF' they do do anything, it is likely that they will just contact you via RLP.

Until something happens, nobody can honestly say what 'will' happen

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

This is all very speculative at the moment.

As nothing has happened at the moment, it would be hard to say what will happen. All I can say is that TKMAXX 'may' scrutinise the CCTV and they 'may' pick up your mistake and they 'may' pass this on to the police (this bit I doubt)

'IF' they do do anything, it is likely that they will just contact you via RLP.

Until something happens, nobody can honestly say what 'will' happen

Thank you for reply. But do you think I can do anything to prevent that just go and pay whatever I think I returned wrong?? or would that be just stupid? And if they already put items back for sale on the shelf does that mean they didn;t pick it up?

Thank you

It is very difficult to say.

If you were to go back to the store and spoke to a manager and offered to pay the difference, they may accept that and that should be the end of the matter. This would show that there was no intent to defraud.

That (in my opinion) is the responsible thing to do. Whether the store would do the responsible thing is a different matter altogether.

It is very difficult to say.

If you were to go back to the store and spoke to a manager and offered to pay the difference, they may accept that and that should be the end of the matter. This would show that there was no intent to defraud.

That (in my opinion) is the responsible thing to do. Whether the store would do the responsible thing is a different matter altogether.

Thank you a lot for response

I will probably go and buy that bag so they cant say I put them in money loss as I bought it back and they made no loss

Thank you a lot for response

I will probably go and buy that bag so they cant say I put them in money loss as I bought it back and they made no loss

Or maybe I should not go to TK MAXX for next 6 years...

You are worrying over nothong. Take a deep breath and get on with your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

So, in short you returned an item and was refunded too much money. If you did not do this deliberately and was not aware that the refund was for the wrong thing then there is nothing you can do about it. If you do the same thing a number of times then a pattern will have emerged and you could be prosecuted for fraud by enrichment but as I said doing it once by accident is nothing to worry about, it becomes a staff training issue.

So, in short you returned an item and was refunded too much money. If you did not do this deliberately and was not aware that the refund was for the wrong thing then there is nothing you can do about it. If you do the same thing a number of times then a pattern will have emerged and you could be prosecuted for fraud by enrichment but as I said doing it once by accident is nothing to worry about, it becomes a staff training issue.

I returned wrong bag and I might did this few more times but this was a while ago I am not sure as I didn't bother to check as all labels were of anyway I didn;t put them back. I know its my mistake but all things I returned I saw them putting back straight on the shelf. I know it sound bad but why would I bother if no one ever asked me the good are wrong. I just realized after I returned completely wrong bag color and so all. I thought my self I did wrong thing and even went to buy it back but it was not there. But I saw it hanging few days ago with price tags not even reduced.

well then, the store doesnt seem too bothered so stop worrying about this. However, if I were you I would not be going into the store again for a long time and I would never take back items at the request of anyone else, evn if it was a partner. If they dont care if you are punished for their wrongs it makes one wonder what else they would do.