Birmingham Priory Queensway South towards Masshouse Lane Bus Lane PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Please could someone offer some advice on the following, whilst driving for the first time in Birmingham City Centre I've been recorded as driving in a bus lane.

I honestly didn't know that the road was a Bus Lane only road, I entered the road from a roundabout, Roundabout had four exits including my approach lane. My sat nav took me as to exit from the the second exit which was marked Bus Lane so I drove around the roundabout knowing there were Bus Routes in force and exited at the first exit (which would have been first left if approaching from my original direction before entering the roundabout) I saw no signs and there were no road markings stating Bus Lane so I was surprised to return from working away to find a PCN for driving in a bus lane. I've looked on Google Earth but the street view is from 2009 which is of no help.

I've done some searching about on this Bus Lane and apparently the residents of Birmingham are up in arms over the vast amounts of PCN's being generated from this route.

Although I was driving the vehicle it was sent to the person (registered keeper) on the log book stating they were liable for the charge and the alleged offence was more or less down to them, is this true? I've attached the notice if anyone would be able to offer any advice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50040[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance

Havn't got time to look now, but there is a bus lane in B-ham that was recently bought up on here which we found to be non-compliant due to inadequate signage. Apparently if you appeal on that basis, the LA cancels the ticket. Mind you, that was a few weeks ago so maybe they have corrected the signage.