Excessive ppi calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3693 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been getting 6-10 calls a day from an Indian call centre trying to get me into a PPI reclaim for a loan I know I have never had.

I did the usual checks to ensure that a loan had not been made in my name and could find nothing.

When you get passed through its always through to the same company "MEDIA TACTICS".

I have asked them to stop calling by both phone and email. I

have sent a section 11 notice to cease using my details for direct marketing.

I have made complaints to TPS,ICO and MOF Claims regulation unit but still the calls continue.

Any ideas on how to get them to stop

Hi and welcome to CAG

This Indian call centre would have a contract with Media Tactics and as such the call centre has to follow UK rules

You have complained to the TPS. I assume you are registered?

Do you have call blocking? Do they use different numbers to call you?

Can you get your telephone provider to intervene?

You could get a call screening device such as trucall and once set up, only the numbers you allow will get through.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I am TPS registered and have complained to TPS regarding these calls. 312 since August 2013. Have submitted complaint to ICO (Dec 12 2013). Have had a acknowledgement and they have started an investigation but still no outcome to enquiries. Complained to MOJ Claims regulation unit and investigation has begun. Sent section 11 notice Oct 2013 with no change in call volume. Have had email response from Media Tactics basically saying that the calls are not their responsibility despite ICO regulations 21-25.

The calls received are VOIP (voice over internet protocol) that my phone service provider is unable to filter or block. Have call blocking equipment that filters out international numbers (which is the ident on these calls) which also means I filter out call from friends and family who live abroad. I don't see why I should have to change the phone number I have had for 16 years just because of these rogue operators. I have been harassed by these people for months and can see no possible remedy. I am now thinking of getting a solicitor involved to get a writ for the section 11 notice.