BBC Panorama - Don't Take My Car: Bailiffs Undercover - Mon 7th April 8.30pm - BBC1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Panorama goes undercover to expose the bailiffs who seize cars and demand huge fees in what has become a multimillion-pound business: chasing unpaid parking tickets. Bailiffs recovering debts for local authorities say they do a public service, hunting down those who don't pay up. But Panorama has evidence that some bailiffs are intimidating motorists, exaggerating their powers and pumping up fees. As councils report increasing revenues from penalty fines, reporter John Sweeney investigates whether new laws to curb the bailiffs' worst excesses go far enough

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b040rdxs

Also on

We will see if they mention the usual kick-back provision which enriches the council.

If they do not mention it it will be a serious omission.

The might mention it but It depends on how strongly JBW, Collectica, Newlyn and the other interested parties like the LAs and the MET with the joint stop and pull ANPR scrams lean on the BBC or indeed seek an injunction prevent broadcast if they do.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Given that it is only a 30 minute programme there is little time for subjects such as 'kick-backs'. Clearly the programme is only concerned with the enforcement of local authority parking charge notices. I am pleased to hear the 'gossip' that another TV exposee is planned regarding the awful practice of the 'Bailiff and Police Roadside Operations'. Such a programme is long overdue and will surely embarrass the Metropolitan Police.

Given that it is only a 30 minute programme there is little time for subjects such as 'kick-backs'. Clearly the programme is only concerned with the enforcement of local authority parking charge notices. I am pleased to hear the 'gossip' that another TV exposee is planned regarding the awful practice of the 'Bailiff and Police Roadside Operations'. Such a programme is long overdue and will surely embarrass the Metropolitan Police.

It will be interesting to see what occurs regarding a third party claim during one of these egregious Bailiff ANPR goes kerching and police stop and give the car to the bailiff operations after April 6th

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The Guardian shows in an article today (bailiffs lose powers under new laws) it is similarly ill informed about current laws.

Some of the commentators are blissfully clueless of the mayhem to come with the measures especially the new stuff still coming out like the doubling almost of the fee for application to stay or vary a CCJ payment, or interpleader, the sales fee of £110, the daily storage charge, all that could make the LO a council like NELC obtain for that penny arrears a thousand quid or so.in almost the bilnk of an eye and a couple of visits.

Thread moved

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks