ovo energy customer confused?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i am an ovo customer and out of curiosity wondered if they could give me a better quote, so i went to the website and typed in what i pay them each month but put that i was a british gas customer, guess what? they say they will save me £334 per year! anyone else tried this? i'm going to ring them later to see why they are giving me a lower quote, are they legally obliged to lower my bills after claiming they can with their online quote?

Any thoughts anyone?

Hi xxorlsxx

I would e-mail them. Over the phone they can tell you anything. There is a lot of deception going on by the Utility companies. Once the Utility companies were put on the path of just ripping customers off, they were never going to stop, it's cartel regardless of what they say. I'm not saying OVO are ripping you off, but you do need to ask questions.

These sites don't work that way,

Let's say you pay £100 and with ovo that gets you 100 units.

You now tell the comparison site that you pay BG £100, they look at BG unit cost and that might only buy you 80 units. This is compared to the other suppliers and with ovo it would show 80 units would cost £80, so a saving is shown. You really need to know your usage rather than what you pay to get a proper cost comparison

My understanding is that the OP visited the OVO website, he's a customer of OVO and not a comparison website.

These sites don't work that way,

Let's say you pay £100 and with ovo that gets you 100 units.

You now tell the comparison site that you pay BG £100, they look at BG unit cost and that might only buy you 80 units. This is compared to the other suppliers and with ovo it would show 80 units would cost £80, so a saving is shown. You really need to know your usage rather than what you pay to get a proper cost comparison

Possibly was direct, but the same system applies if you use a monthly payment rather than an actual usage, they all convert the payment to a number of units and go from there. So if BG is more expensive per unit that's why you end up with false results.