gross misconduct....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked offshore until 2 days ago employed as an agency offshore medic on a rig. I had been on there for 6 years. My father passed away a month or so ago and I was in a very emotional place. When I was off looking after him, they had a female medic cover me, she was supposed to only do 10/11 days of my normal 21 day trip. This was on record with my agency, the main H.R. and the rig manager onboard by emails. When at home i discovered that they were keeping this female medic onboard for my FULL trip and never informed me. Again I was in a very bad way emotionally as my dad was given a couple of months to live and he went within 9 days. I went back onboard the next trip and I was not thinking straight. I was crying every night in my cabin but completed the trip. In that trip, I sent an email to the female medic, thanking her for covering me but told her I was upset with the rig manager and the safety man who insisted she do my previous trip. I was mad with them both and said personal things but again I was very very stressed. This email was from facebook message to facebook message, not to anyone else but her, I asked her to not say anything. Unknown to me, she had been sleeping with and having an affair with my brother in law onboard the rig while I was looking after my father with my sister, his partner. The female medic then started sending txts/phone calls to my sister/brother in law saying she was going to destroy me and anyone else. She held on to this email for 2 months until 3 days ago when I was called into the offshore rig managers office. He had the email in his hand, the witness was someone else mentioned in the email. I was never warned what was happening, I sat there in a state of shock, I am also on 20 tablets a day awaiting an operation on my kidney. I was told I was leaving on the next chopper. The rig manager did not know hat the female medic had been having an affair with my brother in law onboard and off. No procedure were followed correctly and I was informed on the beach that it was for gross misconduct.

. I was mad with them both and said personal things but again I was very very stressed.

Depends how personal; severe enough to cause a break down of trust?

Forget all the affair stuff; not relevant at all, just confuses the issue.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!