style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK guys I need some guidance please...

I have been a Virgin Media National Customer for over 15 years,

I have had the same 5 e mail addresses and I have moved once in that time,

but remained a VM National customer all that time.

When I moved in 2012 I asked if I could transfer to a Cable Customer to get a better broadband speed and the answer was no,

then a chap contacts me last week to say he is coming round to survey my area to see if I can be a cable customer.

He turns up,

confirms I have the infrastructure in my road and offers me a move to Cable service and includes a TV package,

the deal is struck and I sign and

I'm told that the Cable service will be installed on the 5th April and my existing National Service will cease on the 4th April.

I'm having work done on the house so it seems an ideal time for the cable service to be put in

so I drill holes for the cable route and sit back and wait for the time to come.

Saturday I receive a 'sorry to see you go' letter from VM telling me my service will be disconnected from that day

- I check the phone and while I still have dial tone and the internet service is still working I cannot make or receive phone calls.

I get straight onto VM Customer Services and after spending most of Saturday on their 0845 service from my mobile

I'm told a mistake has been made and my service has been ceased early

- I respond that it is still connected but restricted and

I'm told the same thing applies and they cannot get it back on,

I'm told to call and complain on Monday.

I call back today and

after 3 hours (I'm not exaggerating) I eventually get told that my National Service has been ceased wrongly

and I will have to wait to see if the Cable Service can be provided,

when I ask what they mean I'm told that Cable Service may not be available to me

and they cannot reconnect my National Service.

I have spoken, complained and requested escalation to no avail to many people within VM today,

it culminated in me e mailing the CEO Tom Mockridge

which resulted in a person from Customer Services contacting me and telling me the above.

I have lost my National Service with VM and if they cannot provide the Cable Service

(I doubt that they will as my council will not grant wayleave to dig up roads that were only laid last year)

they are just going to wave goodbye to me as a Customer as they say they cannot reconnect my National Service.

As I write this my dial tone is still present and my internet access is working,

as a Telecoms Manager with the NHS I cannot understand how they cannot just reconnect me as a National Customer.

Their Customer Service is appalling,

at one stage I was put through 3 times to a different Customer Service Agent with no information being passed on and i had to explain the same story 3 times over.

The change over has already cost me £25 which I will insist on getting back if they cannot achieve anything,

but more importantly I have lost a service that I have had for a number of years.

The inconvenience in changing the email addresses alone is huge, especially as the e mail address I had was xxxxxxxxxx which is a very rare thing by today's standards.

Has anyone got a senior contact in VM that I could get involved in this to get my National Service reinstated?

wheres your nearest VM roadside cable box, do you know?

has anyone else got cable very near where you are?

they don't lay cables anymore and have no legal remit dig up any roads

the contracts were closed years ago.

if its just a pathway then your [councils garden/pathways] they can up to 500mts I believe

from 'their' green box

try the sam knows website that will tell you

http://www.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

if its says cable for VM you are ok

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nearest cabinet is about 50 yards from front door, T box is installed in street outside house but has no cable in it. I don't know if any houses in the street have cable, there seems to be a lot of satellite dishes to me.

I tried the website you gave and it said there is cable service for VM available.

My virgin National broadband service just stopped so I'm no only runnning on a PAYG dongle hurridly purchased, fortunately I spent 2 hours this afternoon forwarding my virgin.net email accounts to my g mail account.

I am thorougly pi$$ed off with VM and really feel like telling them to stick their service where the sun doesn't shine, problem then is that I have only got BT to choose from as a National Customer and they want £39 per month for crappy BB and phone only

you should be able to get very cheap BB [like £5PCM

from the sams site

loads of really cheap deals there

now back to cable issue.

you are in a cabled area so vermin will not need any permission to lay cables up paths etc

but unsure on roads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...