Do DCA ever send 'special delivery' letters? - Red/Lowell/Hamptons

F1fan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3723 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a royal mail "while you were out" card for a special delivery letter. I can't pick the letter up until next week now.

I have no idea who could be sending me a letter, I've not bought anything online recently and it wont be friends or family either.

However, I do have a couple of old accounts that are going to be come Statute barred in a few months and lately I have been receiving the usual cycle of garbage from Lowel/Hamptons and Red (threats, discount letters, etc). I have ignored this as they did not reply to my CCA in 2010!

I'm now a bit stressed wondering if they have sent this letter and are trying to serve papers or something? :|

Hi F1fan

Yes they do, but I wouldn't worry about it. It could be anything. When you collect it, if it is from a DCA start a thread.

They do it not so much to guarantee delivery (though it does do that), but to give certainty to the fact they have the right address for you.

Hi, thanks. Probably worrying over nothing but I just have a bad feeling. I will just have to wait and see when it is redelivered.

They do it not so much to guarantee delivery (though it does do that), but to give certainty to the fact they have the right address for you.

If that is their aim, why wouldn't they use the cheaper recorded delivery? It still gets a signature (IF they deliver it), but is not a " guaranteed delivery service" like Special Delivery.

I think we all get bad feelings when there's letters from DCA's, especially if we have to wait to see them. If it is only an equitable assignment (-ie- the debt has not been sold to the DCA, the DCA are just collecting) there is certainly nothing to be concerned about. Even if it has been sold, it will be nothing that can't wait, so please try not to worry.

If that is their aim, why wouldn't they use the cheaper recorded delivery? It still gets a signature (IF they deliver it), but is not a " guaranteed delivery service" like Special Delivery.

Maybe you've answered your own question. :-D

Maybe you've answered your own question. :-D

I thought I was contributing information to yours.....

I thought I was contributing information to yours.....

In which case apologies for the misunderstanding on my part. :-) You have a valid point, but I think the truth is they know most letters are delivered and just want that reassurance. As you will know, people in debt often flit around the place, so knowing you've got the right address for the debtor can be very handy for them.

Thanks for correcting me. :-)