Part time working hours, extended then excluded from increased bonus payment..advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3732 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I'd really appreciate some advice and guidance on my query.

I am very fortunate to work on a part time term time contract, however I am very flexible to the needs of my employer.

For the past 2 years I have worked the summer for most of the weeks and have been paid for this at standard rate. I receive no additional pension payments from the company on this money and due to the way that term time is calculated I am at a detriment in relation to my pension.

Since September I have been acting up in to another role to cover for a long term absence, full time, full year in a very demanding job requiring much longer hours than I am paid for and significant travel - I am paid an allowance (again un pensionable and do not receive PMI which if permanent in role I would receive).

Our bonus structure (non- contractual) runs from 1st Jan to Dec 31st and is paid in April. The bonus structure works on a percentage basis depending on the performance rating you have been given.

I was given an excellent rating which meant that my bonus payment would be between 8 -11% of my salary as at the 31st December. However term time bonus is pro-rata'd.

I have been awarded nearly 8% (even though business is given the money to give 9.75% bonus) on a combination of my term time salary (8 months) and my full time salary (4 months). I currently cannot get the amount to meet the minimum of 8% it is £100 plus short.

I have worked all year so feel this is unfair.

If I had been promoted during the year and for example had of been earning £15,000 and then earned as of the 31st December - £25,000 I would have received bonus payment on £25,000. I feel that because I am a working mother and therefore benefit from a term time agreement that I have been treated less favourably than a full time counterpart.

I would welcome your views and any advice that could be provided.

I am assuming the term time contract was something you specifically applied for and was of benefit to you at the time? Bit harsh to cry "unfair" now.

I would ask to be considered for the full time role on a permanent basis and see what they say.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Looking for an employment law response regarding unfavourable treatment due to sex. 99% of term time workers are female due to child care issues and a male counterpart would have been paid a full bonus for working full year. I've worked full year whilst on my term time contract so should be treated equally under the equality act?

I don't quite get what the issue is. Can I clarify - You want a bonus based on overtime which a) you agreed to knowing the terms of it and b) were able to turn down?

I can't see direct or indirect discrimination here. You're getting the same %age bonus as the full time workers based on your contracted hours - unless I am reading it wrong?

• Haha 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!