Anyone who has used a MAC code and been billed after service ended

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I don't know if this will help anyone but here goes.

I was an Orange customer for landline and broadband but due to a price rise I was allowed to leave mid contract with no charges.

I requested a MAC code and supplied this to Sky on the 1st March and EE wrote to me on the 5th March saying I had requested to leave EE and if this was what I wanted then do nothing and my services would switch on the 17th March.

I requested my final bill but was told I would be billed for 14 days after the switch date and this was the notice period. So they wanted 14 days money for no service.

I refused to pay this as how could they bill me for nothing. I was told if you don't like it go to Ofcom because they say we can.

So I went to Ofcom who said they can't bill me after the switch date. They logged my complaint and gave me a reference number and a contact to make an official complaint to EE.

I called and they took my details and said they would call me back. Ofcom did tell me they have 8 weeks to investigate my complaint.

Anyway while at work the Chief Executive Office of EE called and spoke to my husband. He advised that EE could not bill beyond the date the contract ended. Within a few hours my account had been refunded.

I'm assuming there are millions of customers not only with EE who have been billed after their service has ended and not thought anything about it. Most suppliers want 14/30 days notice but if you use a MAC code you can,'t be billed after the switching date.