Default removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3736 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI...

I am after some help and advice on a default I have recently found on my credit file.

here's the story(have posted before about disappearing account)

I had a bank account with Lloyds for a long time, also had there credit card, overdraft and savings account.

everything was going fine until some time ago when my debts got to a stage where I was paying out more then I was earning ,so something had to be done. I sent off a token payment letter asking for six months to sort my finances out on credit card, was refused but started to pay token payment anyway. This was then defaulted after about six months but I still continued with token payment for a couple of years.(this is now being dealt with). During this time I moved accounts so Lloyds couldn't take all my wages to pay off credit card. my current account was going over the agreed limit every month due to the account charge and interest, I set up a standing order from my new account to make sure there was a payment every month to cover this as I wanted to keep the perks of the account i was paying for and I was using.(insurance, AA etc;).

A couple of years ago I had to move house and phoned Lloyds credit card services and told them of this, I was told that I do not need to phone anyone else in Lloyds as there systems would update all accounts.

After about 8 months I moved back to my previous address and again phoned Lloyds credit card and advised them.

When the changes occurred with Lloyds my bank was one that was going to become a TSB, so on the day of the change i checked my online account and although the savings account was there , it showed no current account.(post under tsb forum). i contacted a Lloyds branch and was told it was nothing to do with them. i contacted a TSB branch and was told it is owed to Lloyds so speak to them.

A couple of months latter i checked my credit report and it showed that the account has now defaulted and it mentioned that " i had gone away".

i received no letters form Lloyds or tsb regarding this, i believe that all letters were sent to the address i stayed at for about 8 months, but i gave them my new address straight away.

so i believe although Lloyds had my new address(noddle account showed cc debt at one address, current acc at another) they sent letters to the old address then defaulted the account , gave me false information as to who i need to speak to about this(recently received letter from Lloyds regarding this debt being collected by there DCA) to punish me for the credit card default.

is there anyway i can challenge this?

Thanls

Fern