OmegaFlightStore.com - Request to change flight date.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Yesterday i booked a flight via Omegaflightstore (thru skyscanner.com). I mistakenly put in the wrong return flight date.

After a very lengthy phone call (from where I am in africa, this is very expensive-40 minutes in the queue) I was informed it would cost 120GBP.

Whist waiting i emailled using the companys own website. The email i received informed me " the ticket which you purchased is non-refundable."

Both the phone call and the email I made within hours of realising the error. So far shocking customer service.

Naturally enough I'm both confused and annoyed.

Can anyone advise please?

N

Thank you very much for the reply and the information, I'll check it.

Sorry i cut and paste the original message fro somewhere else l without editing it. I booked 7pm tuesday . Phoned Omega yesterday morning. Emailled shortly after.

The latest..after informing me my ticket is non-refundable, however I can change it.

" Thank you for booking online with Omega Travel, and your booking reference with us

Further to your email, please note that your ticket is non refundable but

changeable."

That's what you wanted to do, change it. Always book flights during their customer service hours.

The latest..after informing me my ticket is non-refundable, however I can change it.

" Thank you for booking online with Omega Travel, and your booking reference with us

Further to your email, please note that your ticket is non refundable but

changeable."

Hmmm. Appreciate your response but as long as we can book 24 hours a day, we should expect a quicker response than I received.

Also a charge of 120GBP ! for a flight than in total cost only 470GBP. Shocking.

Surely the whole point of C.A.G. is to retaliate against such bad retail practice.

On a point of principle, I will rebook the return the flight with another airline. Then continue my 'disagreement' with OmegaFlightStore.

Unless anyone has other ideas.

Hi pelvic

In your previous post (4), reading it, it sounded like they were allowing you to change your flight. There was no mention of the £120, so I assumed that they were going to waive any fees. That's where the confusion has occurred and that's why I posted what I posted.

Hmmm. Appreciate your response but as long as we can book 24 hours a day, we should expect a quicker response than I received.

Also a charge of 120GBP ! for a flight than in total cost only 470GBP. Shocking.

Surely the whole point of C.A.G. is to retaliate against such bad retail practice.

On a point of principle, I will rebook the return the flight with another airline. Then continue my 'disagreement' with OmegaFlightStore.

Unless anyone has other ideas.

Understood no problem. It was in the very first post. So.. 120GBP is extortionate right? Most people agree with me. Although some (wealthier) people I work accept it as 'normal' . I can accept paying for my mistake in some way - but that much! many regards P

Hi pelvic

I agree it is too much. You booked the flight at 7.00pm, did you call them immediately, if not what time did you call? You spent 40 minutes in the telephone queue. I've done a similar thing a few years ago, booked a outward flight for Thurday, then an inward flight for Friday. I was told all sorts of rubbish. Some technical glitch.

Understood no problem. It was in the very first post. So.. 120GBP is extortionate right? Most people agree with me. Although some (wealthier) people I work accept it as 'normal' . I can accept paying for my mistake in some way - but that much! many regards P

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt realise my mistake until the following day which is when i called them. Would've made little difference though their 'customer service' was closed all night. To make matters worse, I'm in the middle of Africa so the call cost a fortune whilst I was waiting. My flight isn't for 2 weeks yet so i'm sure they have time to resell the flight. Did you have any success - moral if not financial.

Hi Pelvic

I phoned immediately, a full refund, but it was hard work. Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such, explain what's happened how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Explain that although it's in their Terms and Conditions it's 'unfair'. Write CC: Trading Standards on the letter, copy it to them.

Find the name of the Managing Director and address it to him/her.

This is what it says on their website, they weren't contactable when you booked:-

Why book with Omega Travel?

Customers visit Omega Travel for its travel expertise, range and value. Omega Travel Group is a travel company that has embraced the internet, not the other way round. Unlike other dot com company, all of our staffs are contactable to help you to make booking and can give you extensive support. The call centre and website teams have a passion, expertise and knowledge of travel which is reflected in the way they do business.

Really glad you got a result. All sound advice. I will write when I get back to England. (letters take 3 weeks from here) - At this point I could mention a tale of woe and eventual success with Arik Airlines using similar tactics to yours. As i say i didnt realise the error until the following day but their hours are only Monday to Friday Open 9am - 6pm anyway so it wouldn't have helped. regards P.T.

Well you can point out that, the following statement on their website is mis-leading, 'Unlike other dot com company, all of our staffs are contactable to help you to make booking and can give you extensive support'. It should state 9am to 6pm.

I know they mention it elsewhere on the website, I think they need to mention it here, as websites are 24/7.

Really glad you got a result. All sound advice. I will write when I get back to England. (letters take 3 weeks from here) - At this point I could mention a tale of woe and eventual success with Arik Airlines using similar tactics to yours. As i say i didnt realise the error until the following day but their hours are only Monday to Friday Open 9am - 6pm anyway so it wouldn't have helped. regards P.T.

Like it. I'm preparing an email to my wife so she can print/post it to them. I'll find the M.D.s details and he'll be 'bombarded' too.

I'll start the Arik Airlines story on another thread but short story: Their website had " system error message" after I'd booked and paid for a flight. customer support informed me 'sometimes it does that - but still takes the money (yeh i know). 3 days later it hadn't so i booked with another airline. Took me six months and bizarre circumstances to get the money back - from my bank not Arik. Yet. Oh also its the only website I've ever seen that asks for your ATM pin-code!!

Latest from OmegaFlightStore " Please note the ticket is non refundable. We can help you to apply airport tax refund which is GBP 120 (approx) " - to me this doesn't make sense. To move my flight by one day they will charge £120. But the ticket is 'non-refundable' which to me equates to 'cannot be moved'

Hi pelvic

It sounds like they will not refund the cost of the ticket, they will help you to get a refund on the airport tax element - £120.

You need to point out that you don't want a refund, just a date change, try to communicate with a Manager.

Latest from OmegaFlightStore " Please note the ticket is non refundable. We can help you to apply airport tax refund which is GBP 120 (approx) " - to me this doesn't make sense. To move my flight by one day they will charge £120. But the ticket is 'non-refundable' which to me equates to 'cannot be moved'

I think it's possible, all you want is the date changed, everyone's happy, you made a genuine error, you shouldn't be punished for it.

Hi rebel,

Yes, I'll try and communicate with a manager. Sound idea. Do you think this refund on airport tax is possible? Or just a way of easing my away.

I wonder if I'm allowed to call them clowns?. Every time they contact you it's different. The reason why I suggested taking a snapshot, is you could raise a complaint with the ASA regarding the statement on their website.

Omega Flight Store shocker!

Latest: £120 PLUS £30 ADMIN FEE!!

"Please note the admin fee is included in GBP 150 (subject to availability) "

Clowns? Bit harsh..on clowns to be honest. I feel like using words like xxxxxxx more so. Anyone who charges £30 never mind £120 (I've no real evidence the airline actually DO charge this , yet) for a few keyboard clicks. Then imagines it to be 'admin charges' is more xxxxxxx than funny. If you get my drift. I've enquired after the airline to see how much they DO charge for such errors.

Anyone had experience of this? To compensate for the ludicrous charge for changing flight. i have the option of applying for tax refund.

Thank you for booking online with Omega Travel, and your booking reference

Further to our email conversation. Please find the attached file of Tax Refund Form. Kindly take the print, sign, scanned and sent back me again.

To enable us to process a refund, we require all customers to sign and return the refund application form that was sent to you by email. To guarantee the refund due, we will need the refund application to be signed and returned to us the same day. Failure to respond within the same day, may alter the amount of refund due to yourself.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Online Booking Support

I'd ask for an explanation as to why the form needs to be returned today, I'd also ask why it would be less then you paid if it is not returned today. There is no reason that I can fathom.

Anyone had experience of this? To compensate for the ludicrous charge for changing flight. i have the option of applying for tax refund.

Thank you for booking online with Omega Travel, and your booking reference

Further to our email conversation. Please find the attached file of Tax Refund Form. Kindly take the print, sign, scanned and sent back me again.

To enable us to process a refund, we require all customers to sign and return the refund application form that was sent to you by email. To guarantee the refund due, we will need the refund application to be signed and returned to us the same day. Failure to respond within the same day, may alter the amount of refund due to yourself.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Online Booking Support