Channel 4's documentary; 'REPO MAN' is proof yet again that bailiffs will continue to be 'aggressive'.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yet again, this awful documentary is in the headlines...this time because one of the 'stars' of the show has been spared jail after he scrawled abusive graffiti on a cancer victim's home...falsely brandishing him a paedophile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2580985/Boxer-Repo-Man-spared-jail-abusive-graffiti.html

I don't think their behaviour will improve one iota come April, I fear it will become much much worse witha car taking spree to test the interpleaders to see if they can get away with taking and selling third party cars without let or hindrance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

it needs to be noted that the 'repomen' ARE NOT BAILIFFS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it needs to be noted that the 'repomen' ARE NOT BAILIFFS

dx

Of course they are NOT but they often behave as if they are, and assume powers they don't have. bamboozle a debtor with dodgy legal quotes, lie and cheat so behave just like bailiffs

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

And it would appear that some of the Police believe they have bailiff powers which is more worrying.

For goodness sake, repo man and debt collectors are NOT bailffs.

And what makes you think the police believe they have bailiff powers?

Sometimes this board is sounding like those discredited people over at Citizens Advice and look how well they are respected now.

Jeesh!

For goodness sake, repo man and debt collectors are NOT bailffs.

And what makes you think the police believe they have bailiff powers?

Sometimes this board is sounding like those discredited people over at Citizens Advice and look how well they are respected now.

Jeesh!

You've never seen episodes of the Repoman where the Police are in attendance where cars are towed away without the Police apparently making any attempt to question the right to do so?

Absolutely disgraceful - shame the Judge didnt consider a "proper" punishment and send him to Jail for the 16 months.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If i remember correctly, there was one scene with the police and they were shown the repo order.

Sean james is still in the industry as well.

The man in the article is reece jones and he is a barber now apparently.

There is to be another series of this programme in april.

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

in all truth HCEO's are the 'good guys' in a way

they rarely try it on with bogus fee's

unlike the CTAX lot.

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

in all truth HCEO's are the 'good guys' in a way

they rarely try it on with bogus fee's

unlike the CTAX lot.

dx

dx

I would agree that the HCEO industry usually has a better reputation than that of the Bailiff sector. This is in some part because of the type of work that is enforced and the fact that the actual HCEO carries a personal responsibility. Yes, there are some apples badder than others but on the whole it often has a better standard of enforcement.

I think the title of this thread is disappointing and a bit sensationalist as like many have said these Repo Men are not bailiffs.

There is always much to improve in the enforcement industry as a whole and I for one hope that whilst the new regulations have some initial flaws on the whole they will make for the better.

It does help that HCEO's already get better money than bailiffs so they are less likely to risk adding spurious fees and lose their job.

Unless they are Sherfarce, who often get it wrong, ask the owner of a chippy in Bridlington.

I remember a friend of mine who got a car on finance, After a period of being able to afford the re payments, his employment situation changed, so he was no longer able to keep up the re payments,

He contacted the finance company to ask if he could sell the vehicle as he had a potential buyer who had the cash to buy it, this would of almost cleared the debt, but they wouldn't listen to common sense,

The sent a repo man, to recover the car, my friend knew his rights, and as the car was parked on his drive way, told the repo man that he was trespassing on private property,asked him to leave, repo man refused and was making noises about taking it of the drive, my friend called the police to remove repo man and prevent a breech of the peace, police agreed with my friend and asked repo man to leave the property also told him that he can't take the car from the drive way , So repo man parked his car over the gateway to prevent the car being driven away

In the end the car was repo'd the finance company didn't get a penny more from my friend ,

You see these often one sided so called documentaries on TV that leave a lot of the facts regarding the law and the rights of the debtor , i think the worst one was the BBC 's The Bailiff's or similar name , which showed rosendale cb collecting council tax this lacked information about a persons rights and what powers a bailiff actually has , it left a lot open to interpretation

• 3 weeks later...