Ppi refund calculations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there could any1 help me out with whether the ppi offer looks about right? Here goes loan taken out in dec 2006 over 5 years finished paying it off 5 months early*

premium £3240.70

Contactual interest £1628.46

Total amount pyable £4868.16

Rebate £50.66

Basic compensation £4818.50

Interest £486.75

Total refund £5305.25

The fos states that that i should get 8% simple on each monthly amount a year from the date each payment was made to the date of redress.

Also calculating the amount I would of paid to settle the loan without ppi ans subtracting that from the amount from what was actually needed to settle the loan and paying the difference and adding interest on the difference at 8% a year from when the loan was settled to the date of redress.

I just dont want to be fobbed off by carcraft thats all.

thanks in advance

Edited by sparky_si
missed some figures

Hi

Have a read of No1 in my signature below.

It has all the information you need to work out whether the offer is correct.

There are spreadsheets at the end to help you as well.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

i have entered all details and its totally different to the offer made by carcraft the interest coming up on the spreadsheet is

AWARD CALCULATION Monthly Payment of PPI £4,818.55 8% Simple Interest £1,905.83 Total £6,724.38

So what do u guys make of this?

Can you post up the figures from the agreement please and the date of the first repayment.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

No problem

The figures are

amount of credit (goods) £12295.00 Total amount payable (goods) £19873.25

amount of credit (ppi/warranties £5035.70 Total amount payable (ppi/warranty) £7566.15

Total amount of credit £17330.70 Total amount payable £27439.40

The ppi element accounts to £3240.70 not including contractual interest

Apr 19.28% rate of interest 18.8% per annum

Admin fee £200

Interest charge £8708.70

Total charge for credit £8908.70

Agreement 60 months paid by 1st installment of £558.99 on the 02/01/2007 followed by 58 monthly payments of £433.99 and final installment of £508.99

I paid the loan of 5 months early and recieved a rebate of £50.66

I think i have covered all the numbers there

Thanks

OK give me 10 minutes :-)

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Ok, the main part of the redress seems ok to me.

You were paying £81 and a few pence per month for the PPI part of the finance.

You should get 8% simple on each of those payments running from the date of the payment up to the date of settlement.

On that basis their interest calculation for the 8% seems way off.

I would be asking them to provide you with details as to how they have calculated the 8%.

The figures you have quoted from your own calculations are far nearer the mark.

They need to explain themselves to you.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

PPI and Warranties = £5,035.70

PPI Part = £3240.70

PPI Part = 64.35% of the total

Total Amount Payable for PPI and Warranties (inc interest) = £7566.15

64.35% of £7566.15 = £4869.15

Divide that amount by 60 and you get £81.15

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Right ive been trying to work that out for days lol. What i dont understand is that i would of paid this amount £4869.16 if the loan went to term but as a i got a rebate of £50.66 which means i have paid £4818.50 over 55 months, so is this not divided by 55 months not 60 which would make my monthly ppi payments £87.61

No you always go on what you actually paid which was £81 odd per month.

You stop listing the amount is in the spreadsheet at the date on which the last actual monthly payment was made.

You then work out what the effective overpayment of PPI was at the time of settlement and use that as the last entry in the sheet.

You can work that out using the attached spreadsheet

LoanAnalysis.xls

Enter the relevant figures at the top i.e. Amount of Loan = £3240.70, Term = 60 and Monthly Repayment = £81.15.

Scroll down to payment number 55 (if you paid it off 5 months early you would have paid 55 payments) and you will see the balance for the PPI is £388.73. That is the full amount of PPI which should have come back to you. You actually got £50 odd rebate.

Deduct the actual rebate amount from that balance of £388.73 and that will give you the effective overpayment when you settled the loan.

Enter that overpayment amount as the last entry in your main spreadsheet. The date of that transaction is the date on which you paid off the account.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

:thumb:

You're welcome.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 7 months later...

What was the outcome for this sparky?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.