asda home delivery payment not taken demanded 2 weeks after delivery

Marvel45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3727 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I placed my weekly groceries delivery on the asda website my delivery arrived and I received it unbeknown to me the delivery payment hadn't been taken and asda were delivering my groceries to me without charging my card and it only came too light when asda sent me a letter threating legal action to recover there costs ? I am very concerned as I don't have the money now to pay this oversight because as far as I was aware I had already been billed before the point of delivery which normally happens where do I stand legally because it was there error and to start legal proceedings for there own error is a bit much as I don't have the money and will incur court fees and god knows what else as well as being banned from there website do you think a letter to the ceo outlining that the error was generated by themselves and not me and that financially I am not in a position to pay out what they want please help i'm distraught with worry and cant sleep

Hi Marvel45

I think you need to write to Asda explaining the situation and you current circumstances. Yes a mistake has occurred. But the way they see it is, you've had the goods, but they haven't been paid for the goods. It might be an idea to go through the Term's and Condition's on their website.

Hi

I placed my weekly groceries delivery on the asda website my delivery arrived and I received it unbeknown to me the delivery payment hadn't been taken and asda were delivering my groceries to me without charging my card and it only came too light when asda sent me a letter threating legal action to recover there costs ? I am very concerned as I don't have the money now to pay this oversight because as far as I was aware I had already been billed before the point of delivery which normally happens where do I stand legally because it was there error and to start legal proceedings for there own error is a bit much as I don't have the money and will incur court fees and god knows what else as well as being banned from there website do you think a letter to the ceo outlining that the error was generated by themselves and not me and that financially I am not in a position to pay out what they want please help i'm distraught with worry and cant sleep

Could you come to an arrangement to pay on installments, explaining that you realise you need to pay but their error in taking the payment later could cause you financial hardship?.

In the end you need to pay for shopping they delivered, and they could argue that they've in effect loaned you the money interest free for the 2 weeks.

Hi Marvel45

I've moved the thread to 'online stores'. As you've mentioned they reserve the right to remove the online facility from you. I don't think they are accusing you of anything. They just want to be paid, it isn't great that they haven't charged you when they should have, they messed up, they might do something in that regard.

• 3 weeks later...

The one Asda do to me is charge for the order but if I decide to amend the order they charge for the whole order again. Apparently Asda are aware of the glitch and you get the second payment back 10 working days later. Disgraceful its almost verging on the fraudulent. Imagine how much interest they make as Im sure thousands of people round the country have the same issue.