Been sold a pup !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3719 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got asked to look after a cat that needed rehoming. Got told "it is an outdoor cat and won't be any trouble"... As soon as it was let out of the cat box, it made a beeline for a cupboard and hid up behind a stack of tinned food.

Over the last few weeks, it has emerged to stuff its face from the food bowl under the cover of darkness and make use of the litter tray. It has shown absolutely no interest in going outside, even after being shown an open door.

I'm wondering if it is worth getting a small pooch harness and taking the little beastie out for walkies....

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Picked up a small harness yesterday and put it on the beastie for a few minutes. She didn't seem to object wearing it (certainly didn't fight to get it off)... On removing it, she went off to sulk in the cupboard for an hour or so.

A few more days trying it on and I think she will be ready to take out on a leash.

First attempt to take the beastie outside on Sunday saw us go a few paces out of the door. She promptly dug her claws in and bolted back inside to sulk in a new hiding place.

Today, being fairly warm and sunny, managed to get half way up the garden - No claws or bolting this time... Had a quick sniff of the air before a bird spooked her. Tail fluffed up and a slow slink back to the door ensued. No sulks this time, so I think we are making progress.