IVA failed but nothing passed to the creditors in two years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Myself and partner had an IVA that ran for two years it then failed mainly due to redundancy etc and unable to keep up with payments etc

OK fast forward three years I am now dealing directly with creditors - BR not really an option as don't want to loose house

What I am finding is that no money has been paid to creditors from IVA - not a bean . NRAM was biggest creditor and they have received nothing

I reckon between us we handed over £20k to the IVA company - I know that I will have to trawl through paperwork and check the conditions - has anyone else found this ? Has the IVA company just kept all the payments in fees ????

Was your Insolvency Practitioner Melanie Giles? She's very approachable, I'm sure she'll let you know what's happening. You do need to check the terms of the contract though - as there could well be failure fees and suchlike.

yes it was - I will be certainly approaching them - we were paying out almost £900 a month for close on two years before we pulled the plug as just couldn't do it. anymore

I just find it strange that the biggest joint creditor NRAM are claiming to have received no payments

anyhoo - will keep the forum updated - -