PIP Disability benefits contractor runs into trouble

Unforgiven
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what will happen to people whose dla award ends later this year? Will they be left on dla for the months (beyond the end date of their current dla award) it is taking for a PIP assessment to be processed or will they lose any payment of dla when there award date ends and then be left with nothing for the months is takes to process PIP?

i applied for PIP on 8 April 2013, still awaiting an assessment

My local Jobcentre advised me at the time i was the first person to apply in their catchment area

ATOS did arrange home visit in December 2013 and January 2014, but they never bothered turning up for either appointment nor contact me

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

If this is what is leaking out - think what the real state of affairs will be like.

Don't hold much hope of my medical being any time soon then - or passing especially if a new firm takes over.

The back payments will be huge, and no new firm is going to want that.

in my view if they had any decency they would scale back the PIP rollout, its clearly not ready.

I got awarded DLA which is due to stop in march this year, I expect them to stop it without them even asking me to apply for PIP as I am used to the DWP to simply not communicate with me.

This news simply backs up what I said last month, that its grossly wrong for some people to be put through this PIP nightmare whilst others are still able to claim DLA based on where you live. It should be the same across the country.

If I am asked to apply for PIP, and if I decide to apply for PIP, and it doesnt go smoothly, I will likely raise a legal challenge on the basis that I am been discriminated against based on where I live.