Lloyds Charges and BCBOS

andy1886
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3731 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Now that I have finally started getting my finances in order I am looking to challenge charges on my Lloyds account from 2009/2010.

In a nutshell Lloyds applied high charges totalling £617.00 in unplanned overdraught fees and £140.00 in returned DD charges between 01 Nov 2009 and 15 March 2010. Following a complaint they did on 16 March 2010 refund £350 as a 'goodwill gesture'.

Basically what happened was that initial charges of £175 in November 2009 would have made it impossible for me to pay my rent, therefore I had to pay my wages into another bank account so that I would not lose money needed for the rent.

Thus charges were added on top of charges until by the time of the refund I had exceeded my overdraught limit by some £760.00 in March 2010 (total bank charges including the account fee and interest for the period were approx £878.00 - thus without these charges I would have not exceeded my overdraught limit at all).

I understand that BCOBS came into effect on November 1st 2009 and that this legislation is still valid?

If so I believe that Lloyds failed to comply by:

Making charges on bounced DDs or cheques

Treating bank-imposed charges as unauthorised borrowing

Levying charges upon charges

Could someone please advise if I have a case and point me towards any template letter that I should use to make a claim. I assume that even though they made a limited refund I can still claim the rest of these charges back? Also who specifically should I direct any claim to at Lloyds?

Further still as a result of this episode I have arrears showing on my credit file for this period which I assume if these charges are unfair I can insist they correct?

Thanks for reading this far, any advice would be most welcome! :-D

yes still valid

click you own bcobs link

read the rbs link there.

if the cra stuff is solely down to the penalty fees

then it must be removed

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...