MIB court claim - need advice

jj69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The courts going by other comments are in a mess. Is there a way of doing the acknowledement online for this court, just to make sure ?

If not it may be wise to phone the court again later to see if they will make a note, that you did send them the acknowledgement on 28th Feb, so they should have it. You are a co defendent, so the MIB will have done the same I am sure.

Just noticed I can send via email address so thats the first step.

I forgot about the MIB thanks for that , will check to see if their AOS has been submitted.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MIB have not submitted AOS and MIB solicitors not been in touch which is a little strange ! Anyway downloaded doc and scanned onto PC , then emailed over so certainly should have it now.

Wondering if MIB are going to let it go and pay out ?

• 6 months later...

Hi All..

I have received a court order/judgement letter today from local court

asking for payment of £7000 by the 14th October in relation to accident a couple of years back where I was at fault.

There was an issue with my car insurance not being in place correctly which is another story

but it looks like the claimant has successfully got a court order for injuries with myself not being correctly insured.

It has me listed as 1st defendant with no ref and MIB as the 2nd with a ref and just states that defendant must by 14th October.

Does this mean that MIB is being forced to pay or both of us ?

As it is the weekend I can't get in touch with court but

have not received any correspondence in defending this in court

so can I overturn this or dispute the amount to pay ?

When you receive a claim, you have a timeline as follows..

Date of issue of claim XX + 5 days for service = ?? + 14 days to acknowledge claim = ?? + 14 days to submit a defence = ??.

You say you did send the acknowledgment, but did you submit a defence ?

If so, I fail to see how a default judgment has been obtained, which this appears to be.

Do you know if MIB also acknowledged and submitted a defence ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

When you receive a claim, you have a timeline as follows..

Date of issue of claim XX + 5 days for service = ?? + 14 days to acknowledge claim = ?? + 14 days to submit a defence = ??.

You say you did send the acknowledgment, but did you submit a defence ?

If so, I fail to see how a default judgment has been obtained, which this appears to be.

Do you know if MIB also acknowledged and submitted a defence ?

Hi !

Yes submitted a defence but got no further correspondence to attend court. I don't think MIB have acknowledged ! I can't contact them until Monday now

It might also be a good idea to speak to the court and establish why no further paperwork was sent to you (or if it was and you didn't receive it)

Once a defence has been submitted, the natural progression is that the claimant advises the court they want to proceed and the claim is then sent to the defendant's local court for further action. Which would have been - A Direction Questionnaire which you would have been required to complete and return - then a court date.

Was this an MCOL (Money claim online) claim or did it come from a court proper.

Did you file your acknowledgement and defence online or by email/post ? If by either of these did you obtain read receipts or delivery receipts ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It might also be a good idea to speak to the court and establish why no further paperwork was sent to you (or if it was and you didn't receive it)

Once a defence has been submitted, the natural progression is that the claimant advises the court they want to proceed and the claim is then sent to the defendant's local court for further action. Which would have been - A Direction Questionnaire which you would have been required to complete and return - then a court date.

Was this an MCOL (Money claim online) claim or did it come from a court proper.

Did you file your acknowledgement and defence online or by email/post ? If by either of these did you obtain read receipts or delivery receipts ?

I did not get a court date and all documentation sent by post.

It came from court no MCOL !

If I have researched correctly than MIB pay out and I then have to reimburse MIB.

Find out from the court on Monday what has happened and then report back here.

If you submitted a defence, you need to know what happened to it. Some of the county courts are in a mess and it is possible that a default judgement was entered against you, because the court messed up.

The MIB would pay the third party and then the MIB would expect you to enter into a repayment arrangement with them. But you have a right to defend the court claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Find out from the court on Monday what has happened and then report back here.

If you submitted a defence, you need to know what happened to it. Some of the county courts are in a mess and it is possible that a default judgement was entered against you, because the court messed up.

The MIB would pay the third party and then the MIB would expect you to enter into a repayment arrangement with them. But you have a right to defend the court claim.

So on my credit file it will show as a CCJ now ? Any chance I can get this removed ?

Yes defence submitted and I am guessing I should have received a court date to defend but as stated nothing has been sent.

If payment has been made to 3rd party how can I possibly submit a defenc now after judgement has been made ?

I also need to confirm with MIB if they have sent payment.

Did you mail your defence using a tracked method - that way you can check if it was received. Did you put a "return to sender" address on the back of the envelope ?

I think if you pay any judgment debt up to 28 days after then it isn't recorded anywhere after 28 days and it will be recorded on trust online and your credit file.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/search-yourself

BCOBS

I believe I did sent it with proof of posting ( need to find receipt ) but did not have return to sender address !

Unable to pay that amount in one go so when is the CCJ likely to hit credit file will it be after 28 days ?

I believe I did sent it with proof of posting ( need to find receipt ) but did not have return to sender address !

Unable to pay that amount in one go so when is the CCJ likely to hit credit file will it be after 28 days ?

The CCJ is registered on your credit record 28 days after judgement, unless the claimant confirms to the court that they have received full payment within the 28 days allowed.

Your next step is to phone the court Monday to find out what they did with your defence. They can cancel the default judgement if a mistake has been made and then it will move towards a hearing to decide on things.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The CCJ is registered on your credit record 28 days after judgement, unless the claimant confirms to the court that they have received full payment within the 28 days allowed.

Your next step is to phone the court Monday to find out what they did with your defence. They can cancel the default judgement if a mistake has been made and then it will move towards a hearing to decide on things.

Thanks for the advice so far , yep first thing Monday is a call to the court ! Hopefully I can get the CCJ removed and get a date for another hearing.

Thanks for the advice so far , yep first thing Monday is a call to the court ! Hopefully I can get the CCJ removed and get a date for another hearing.

Hi, please can you copy and paste the Defence you submitted (less identifiable details).