HFC Loan/Debt from 2000 - should i contact them directly?

genuinegal29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3755 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey

Over the last 14 years, ive sporadically paid scraps of money to various DCA's through Payplan. The last time I paid anything to Payplan was a few years ago, now i'm looking to start paying my debts off - well - the ones I can track anyway.

One of them was a HFC debt (loan ), i took out in 2000. The last record I have in terms of the debt existing, the debt was with TBI Financial Services, although I am not sure they are still operating judging by a Google search?

One of my current DCA's recently agreed not to pursue an old debt because I asked for a CCA and they couldnt present it - I am hoping to do the same with HFC debt.

Problem is, how do I go about finding out who currently has the debt if it's not TBI?

I am in the process of asking for original copies of CCA's from those debts which are older than 6 years old, as the likelihood is, they won't have it.

What should I do about the HFC debt? Shall I contact HFC directly and ask who they sold the debt to? Then again, it's probably been sold on several times to varies DCA's that they probably won't know.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks :)

At a guess, I would say yes, most probably. I know about the whole 'unenforceable' debt - i.e. if you havent made contact/payment in 6 years.

I'm not so much bothered about that, it's more a case of them producing the original CCA. I recently sent a request for a CCA from one of my debts to Lowell's, and they come back to me within a week saying because they dont have the original paper work, the debt will no longer be pursued. So on that basis, I thought i would try the same thing with debt equally as old. I am going to pay those debts off that were incurred within the last say, 7 years, but anything over 9, im going to ask for original CCA.

I going back with Payplan, they were great in the past, and they want me to produce a list of my current debts/creditors. They still have on record about 7 of my old debts, but to be honest, i think half of them I have heard absolutely nothing from in the last few years.

if a debt dos not show on your CRa file

its not harming you

why pull their tails?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

CRA file?

The only way I can check for sure about what debts are tied to my name, is to do a credit reference check. I did one a couple of years ago, and i noticed half the debts id been paying off, weren't even registered/logged on my files!

credit reference agency report

if your debts do not show

you need to SERIOUSLY do some investigations as to WHY.

noddle is free see below

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...