arrows/chapman claimform - old loan Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have today received a very upsetting letter from a company called wilking chapman llp solicitors in Grimsby stating:

"Arrow Global Limited

We write to advise you that a Claim form has been issued at the Court. The Court will serve the Claim form upon you shortly.

The Claim form includes a claim for costs and interest as well as the outstanding debt.

Please direct any correspondence or queries you may have regarding this matter to us, and not to our client direct. Please ensure all cheques are sent to our office made payable to Wilkin Chapman LLP.

Yours faithfully

(actually signed Wilkin Chapman)

WILKIN CHAPMAN LLP

Arrow Team "

I do not have any idea who Wilkin Chapman or Arrow Global Limited are, but did have a very old Direct Line loan (that was last consolidated around Aug-Sept 99,with ppi) that as far as I was aware had either run out of time, or they had finally realised it should've been settled on ppi (due to my losing my job and being unable to pay the monthly instalments whilst I was off sick on no/half-pay etc etc prior to losing my job).At the time they would not pay out because I had missed payments due to being off work so they said it 'invalidated' the claim(!)

IF it does relate to this, because the letter does not include anything that relates to Direct Line or even anything about the amount owing or anything (there is a reference that starts with DEBT/ART ) then surely they would contact you prior to starting court proceedings?

I am still unable to work due to disabilities & ill-health and the last contact I had was from a company called Bell(?) I think, who never contacted me again after I spoke to them on the phone and asked them to supply me with the paperwork relating to the alleged debt as I had never taken out anything with Arrow - they literally went away to sort it out and never came back, and that must be about 1-2years ago. Had Wilkin Chapman contacted me previously I would've had the same conversation with them.

Please advise me what is the best way to react to this letter? does this mean they have actually issued a court action of some kind? or is this just a threat-tactic etc? I am really worried and have a lot of ill-health so cannot cope with this kind of stress - also if it does go to court would it be a court local to them in Grimsby? as I could not travel there either. I sure hope some of you can help as I am in such a panic now.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Claim form has now been received 14/2

Unbelievably having received that letter from Wilkin Chapman yesterday, without any prior contact, I have just had in the post a claim form from Northampton (CCBC) County Court which states in particulars of claim:

The Claimant's claim is for ________ (removed) being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a regulated load agreement between the Defendant & Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP (then a number in brackets) and assigned to the Claimant on 13/05/2011, notice of which has been provided to the Defendant.

The defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sum of __________ (removed)

they then add £190 for court fees and £100 for solicitors fees.

The Claimant at the top is shown as Arrow Global Limited at an address in WC1

The Claim form is signed by a Christopher Richard Grocock

So what I should do now? I do not want to login to the link given until I know how I should respond. This was sent via normal post in a brown envelope/not regd post etc.

I am presuming that this must relate to the unpaid loan from 1999 due to the figure (Between £6-9000 have removed the exact figure in case anyone from those companies reads these forums) which would be around the right mark + I don't owe anyone else that kind of money etc... I have no idea who Arrow Global or Fairmile are??

Edited by Distressed_and_need_help
#NOW CLAIM FORM RECVD NORTHAMPTON CCBC

Hiya, sorry to hear of this upset.

I am just replying as it is the early hours and I understand how you might feel.

One of the experts will get back to you as soon as they can! I am not really in a position to advise.

I would say though that if it is older than 6 years and no payment made and no debt admitted in that time,

then it ought to be statute barred, but without knowing full details, you'll have to establish that.

If you DO receive any claim, you will need to reply to it and also likely ask for a form to try to waiver any court fee if that applies.

There would likely be a response box to state the reason you consider the court should not deal or you don't owe...depending,

but you'd otherwise need to acknowledge receipt of the claim back to the court and ask for all the paperwork.

Any dealings with the company must be in writing only and always header it

"I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY"

but it would be best wait til the experts on here give you the full instructions.

Try not to worry,

you will get the help you need :)

scan the letter up please

and i'd be checking your credit file. too

**you can post up images/letters by this method immediately..you don't need 10 posts**

set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300DPI [150 will do]

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc. barcodes etc

but leave all monetary figures and dates.

{DO NOT USE A BIRO OR PEN OR USE SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS]

DO IT IN MSPAINT.EXE or any photo editing program

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites ...

http://freejpgtopdf.com/

if you have multiple scans/pics

put them in a word doc FIRST and convert that to PDF

or http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

or

use www.pdfmerge.com

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

try and logically name your file so people know what it is.

though dont use full bank names or CAG in the title

i'e Default notice DD-mm-yyyy TSB

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

YOU DONT have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box..just upload it ..job done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and welcome.

It is known that some companies will chance their arm and try to claim on a Statute Barred amount in the hope that the debtor does not know their rights.

Have a look at your credit file to see if anything shows. While this route is not definitive, it will give you some idea of what is going on.

It may even be that you are the victim of ID fraud or just the wrong person being chased. (this does happen)

If the claim does arrive, it is likely to be from the Northampton court (MCOL) and you will be able to defend the case online.

Do not phone the solicitor but I would write telling them that you know nothing of this alleged debt and they should provide proof including payments made and addresses where communications have been sent.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Is this the first contact you have had with Arrow Global ?

No Notice of Assignment or other contact ?

When/If you receive a claim form - then please let us know exactly what it says eg the reason they have issued the claim.

We will also need the issue date (top right hand corner of the claim form) .

From what you say, I would think you would be able to make a reclaim for the PPI to be refunded.

However, when was the last payment made to the account did you ever receive a default notice from the original creditor ?

If htey have indeed issued a claim through MCOL, then once you have submitted a defence, the case will be transferred to your local court. So you wont have to be travelling to Northampton :)

Please, please do not communicate with any of them via the telephone. All dealings must be kept to writing - that way you have proof of what you and they have said.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the replies, I don't currently have access to a scanner but the letter literally said what I posted, there were no amounts or anything else stated at all.

With regards the original one, I can't even remember it has been so long - I need to dig out all the old letters

I vaguely remember mention of Arrow on the correspondence I got from Bell last year and when I rang them and said who are these people I have no idea,please send me the proof etc they never came back to me....

Other than my mobile (a number they didn't have) getting texts about ringing a company I'd never heard of, which I took to be a ppi-[problem] as was getting a lot of those, I've not had anything else.

Am now in a right state having received the claim form (see edit to original post for details) - if there is anyone that is qualified to deal with this situation I could really use some help

post up the PoC EXACTLY as it appears on the claimform

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The Claimant's claim is for ________ (removed) being monies due from the Defendant to the Claimant in respect of a regulated load agreement between the Defendant & Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP (then a number in brackets) and assigned to the Claimant on 13/05/2011, notice of which has been provided to the Defendant.

The defendant has failed to make payment in accordance with the agreement and a default notice has been served pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. The Claimant claims the sum of __________ (removed)

they then add £190 for court fees and £100 for solicitors fees.

Ok, the above is the Particulars of claim. Can you please let me have the issue date - top right hand corner of the claim under the claim reference. Then we can work out the timeline for you.

You need to send out the following letters.

1: You must send this one to the ORIGINAL CREDITOR it is a Subject Access Request - it is for all data in respect of your financial connection with the original creditor. They have 40 calendar days to respond and you must enclose £10.00 (postal order or cheque) which is the statutory fee with the request. Send it to their Head / Registered office address. In the 2nd post of the link below there is a pdf file with the letter already typed up, you just have to enter your personal information where required. Or you can simply copy and paste from the 1st post.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387306-Full-Subject-Access-Request(1-Viewing)-nbsp

2: This 2nd letter must go to Arrow Global - they have 12 working days plus 2 for posting. You must enclose a £1.00 postal order or cheque. This is the statutory fee. Again - send it to their Head /Registered office address.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974(2-Viewing)-nbsp

3: This 3rd letter must go to the solicitors named on the claim form - it is a request for information relating to the Particulars of Claim. NO money goes with this letter. Please read it very carefully because there are parts that need to be amended or deleted. There is a list of items you can request copies of. Leave the first item - the agreement You must then amend from item 2 onwards to read :-

2. the Default Notice

3. the Notice of Assignment

4. a statement of account to show how the amount claimed has accrued - to show any default/penalty charges that have been added.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387484-LEGAL-CPR-31.14-Request-Request-for-information-when-a-Claim-has-been-issued.(1-Viewing)-nbsp

you must obtain at the very least a "Free proof of posting" from the post office. If you can afford it, then I would advise sending by recorded delivery - this will provide you with proof of posting and a receipt of when the companies have received/signed for the letters.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...
  • dx100uk changed the title to arrows/chapman claimform - old loan Fairmile Partnership 1 LLP