Vanquis credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all I wonder could someone give me some advice please, I have had a credit card with vanquis for a long time I use it and then pay it in full never paid any interest.

on the 11th jan this year I went on holiday to the USA I had the card with me. on my return on the 18th jan I had a letter from vanquis telling me my card had been compromised and they had put a stop on the card, they asked in the letter if I would ring them.

my first call on the 18th that was answered but I never spoke to anyone I was on hold lasted 48 minutes I hung up. I then tried again and after 42 minutes I spoke to a girl she explained my card had been used on the 13th jan in the uk but could not tell me where the amount was £180 approx. the card was with me in the USA she cancelled the card told me a new one was on the way and the fraud dept would phone me.

of course no one has phoned I have not received a card from them, I have now written to them 3 times asking for them to get in touch with me but they have not. they have now taken a minimum payment from my bank by direct debit. what can I do who else can I contact, I told them in the last letter that I will not be paying any interest on what ever is owing on the card but they will not get in touch with me. has anyone any ideas what else I can do.

just to add I manage the account online, they have also blocked this probably because the card I had was stopped. the 2 calls I made to them cost me a few pence short of £11.00 so I will not be phoning them again.