Unenforceable agreements under the Consumer Credit Act

Stub001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am new to this site but it is so helpful - I have just sent off a CCA to Preference Account (Now Home Shopping) (bank of scotland) does this make a difference if they have changed name??? the card name is the same but letterheads carry different name.

any advice?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the information. Now that I have sent the letters off requestiong details hopefully they won't be able to find the agreements considering I've had the Barclaycard 20yrs and MBNA 15yrs so fingers crossed. If they do produce the details what are the next steps for me to take?

Any advice is very much appreciated

Cheers

Scrapper

Hi - if you receive any "agreements" you need to scan them in on this site using "photobucket" making sure you delete all personal details (but make sure you don't do anything to the original) and someone will offer an opinion. Cleo - there is a tutorial to help you do this which I can post when needed

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

How do I access Photobuscket

Thanks

Scrapper

Hi cleo here - use this - i managed it which is saying something - I got it from a post by 42man (site team)

Yes use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

it is free...and a tutorial here - Photobucket Video Tutorial

Hope it helps

Hi

Silly old me worked it out in the end

Can someone take a look at these links I've posted and advise on my next steps if any

Image of CCA Part 2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of CCA Part 1 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of esignature - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Many thanks

Scrapper

Hi - just wondered what the handwritten number is at bottom of 3rd document? If it is theirs they may be able to identify you from it ?

Interesting what it says about APR etc being left blank? Is this usual?

Cleo

I have no idea what that number relates to. Any idea what I should do next? Talking of interest rates a friend of mine told me he received a leter fom egg advising his interest raid was increasing to 26.9% from 19.9%. Are they allowed to do that? Seems somewhat bordering on illegal.

Any help on my issue next steps would be a great help from anyone

Regards

Scrapper:eek:

What I am saying is that they me be able to identify you from that number if they look on this forum - so may be best to delete it if you can?

Usually someone comes along to help

• 1 month later...
Remember that for an agreement to be enforceable only the terms in schedule 6 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 are necessary - see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/statutes-library/27535-consumer-credit-act-1974-a.html#post1209707

I am getting confused. I don't have a reverse to a bank of scotlanf agreement. They sent a DN which didn't allow for days of service and then terminated. I wrote a complaint - they offered me £xxx refund of charges as a "gesture of goodwill" as FULL and FINAL: settlement of the complaint - I havenot accepted or refused it yet - If they don't have a reverse and they have terminated (but they say they haven't terminated) what is more important - whether they have the original agreement or that they have terminated on invalid DN?? thanks