walker love - this year council tax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys

this years council tax 2013/2014 £506 has been pass to the walker love sheriff officers plus there 10% charge making it to abt £556 i owe in total.

i have setted up a payment arragment i offered £50 a month they refused due to my income £1300 they said they can get a wage arressment for £160 a month if they want to but said they will accept £100 a month without going thru all that .

do they have or myself go to court for wage arressment also i didnt recieve any time to pay form etc with my letter from them.

how much can they take if they get wage arresment ?

as i will be asking to reduce as i wont be able to afford this and pay next year council tax ? so if i dont pay next year council tax it go to walker love again no doubt

for wage arressment or bank arressment - how do they find out which bank or your employer your with todo this ?

thx guys

Hi,

The council will have applied to the sheriff court for a summary warrant. A summary warrant is a certificate from the sheriff court stating the amount of council tax you owe. The council also have to obtain from court a charge for payment before they can recover the money owed from you.

You will not have been told told that the council was applying for a summary warrant and you are not given the opportunity to negotiate with the court before it is granted. The summary warrant will be granted automatically and you will only know about it when you receive a copy of it in the post.

Summary warrants are sent out by the sheriff officers. If you have received a summary warrant, it should state the amount due and who to contact to arrange to pay this. You now have to make payments to the sheriff officers rather than the council. The amount due will have increased as there is an automatic penalty of 10% if a summary warrant has been granted against you.

Once a summary warrant has been issued, and you do not make arrangements to pay your council tax arrears, the council will obtain a charge for payment.

They can then enforce wage arrestment, difficult if they don't know where you work.

There's a Table here of amounts they can take.............

http://www.scotdebt.net/earnings_arrestment_tables.htm

Once a charge for payment has been issued you can apply for time to pay which will allow you to make a repayment plan. It will also prevent Sheriff officers taking the action listed above.

• Haha 1

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert