Question about BT sport

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother has recently moved to BT for her BB and is getting BT sport as well as openzone.

Now I have set it up so she can watch the sport on her PC or on her Ipad ( Ipad2 I think , no retina display).

She has a Internet ready TV but when I tried to get Sport on it the browser crashed.She uses it to watch Ipayer etc so it is connected

Is there any option other than connecting the Ipad to the TV via a cable to get BT sport on the TV.

She is not on sky , only freeview

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

iPad can be connected to the TV using "Apple TV" if it's the wires you don't want.

Is there not a BT Sport app for her TV? Browsers are generally not that good for streaming on a tv

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

There isn't a BT sport app for smart TV's at the moment, as far as I know. The browser built into the TV doesn't support Silverlight, which is used by the bt sport website.

The way I use it is to connect my laptop to the TV, so that the TV screen is effectively a monitor.

Does the laptop have an HDMI out port - failing this, does it have a VGA port (A blue socket)?

Thanks . The PC is a desktop and then there is the Ipad.

Whatever the solution is needs to be relatively simple so probably an apple/HDMI lead is going to be the best option.

I doubt it will be used often unless there is cricket or Rugby Union on except when my Nephew is there as he is football mad

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Apologies - I read it as a laptop. (It's Friday after all!)

Apple TV is the solution then. About £80, and it allows you to send your iPad display to your TV. (The iPad to HDMI converters don't appear to work for the BT Sport app.)