hamptons lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just recieved letter from above parasites. What is best course of action to take with this and any links/etc be helpful to me for reading purposes as new to this.

----------------------------------------

My name and Your Lowell account:

address Lowell reference number:

xxxxxx

Original company name:

xxxxxx

Original account number:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You owe:

£xxxxxxxx

Dated

xxxxxxx

Dear xxxxx

Overdue account

After repeated requests for payment, Red Debt Collection Services have instructed us to pursue you for the overdue balance on your Lowell Portfolio I Ltd Account.

You are contractually responsible for paying the debt. Unless you send payment to us or Red Debt Collection Services immediately, we may prepare for more serious action, which could include applying for a county court Judgment (CCJ) against you.

Once legal proceedings have begun, we may be able to claim the money you owe together with :

. The interest accrued on your overdue account.

. Legal costs of recovering the money you owe.

If we are granted a CCJ you could face the following consequences.

1. Any CCJ against you will be recorded at the Register of County Court Judgments and remain there for up to 6 years

2. We may apply to enforce the Judgment for example by using bailiffs or applying to recover the money you owe by making deductions directly from your earnings.

3. Failure to repay your debts may have an impact on your ability to obtain credit in the future or the terms on which credit is available to you. Lenders will look at how you have repaid your debts in the past before the decide to grant further borrowing.

If you do not contact us or arrange payment we may begin proceedings.

Call us on 0113 394 6317 to agree affordable repayment plan. Our range of payment methods can be found overleaf.

Yours faithfully

(photocopied signature)

xxxxxxxxxx

Director of Legal Services.

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, do you know anything about this debt?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i believe it to be a defaulted credit card that was sold on to these lot.

So you're not too sure then. I would initially send them a 'prove it' letter (in the library)

When was the card first taken out? (year and month if possible)

When was the last payment made on this debt?

Do you know of any charges made to the card?

Have you checked your credit file to see if this debt is listed?

Lots to do and if you are not sure of any answer then a SAR (also in library) to the Original Creditor will help.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Check your credit reference files , Equifax and Experian (Credit Expert) have 30 day free trials, Call Credit has a free offshoot called Noddle.

Who is the original creditor please?

What amount are they claiming?

Is this the first contact from the Lowell Group?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Seems just to be a threatogram...

The part about you are "Contractually" obliged is BS.

You didnt sign a contract with Lowell... anyhow as mentioned above, follow Brigs & SF's advice.

May I add that Lowell have a tendency to report mostly to Callcredit so it is ALMOST guaranteed to show up there. So go for Noddle and see what you can get from it.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes CCA request is the way to go with this one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387435-CCA-Request-Consumer-Credit-Act-1974(1-Viewing)-nbsp

Enclose £1 postal order, mark the back of it "For statutory fee only"

Send it to whoever issued you with the card, ignore lowlifes, they have 12+2 working days in which to supply the agreement.

Who was the Original Creditor (OC)?

How much roughly is owed still?

And Lowlifes and Red are exactly the same company, deliberately trying to exploit your lack of knowledge, worthy of another complaint to the OFT.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hamptons is Lowells ''legal department" just the next desk at the bottom of the pond.!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Morning all ,

I have received two letters from Lowell , One was for an outstanding balance of @ £220 owing to

BGL ! Who ever they are and another for unpaid car insurance ! These people are very busy at the moment . I wish they would do a little bit of investigating before they post these letters out. What really WINDS ME UP is I am invited to discuss these accounts with them by phoning a premium rate number where they will argue black is white costing me a fortune and if I write to them it will only encourage them more.

Rant over