HSBC credit card/Metropolitan/1st Credit/J&P Solictors

oldagehappens
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had an HSBC credit card. Defaulted in 2011 and was passed Metropolitan. Payment plan in place with standing order.

I then got a couple of letters from 1st credit chasing the balance, then passed to Connaught collections about the money. I have ignored all of them as im still paying this Standing Order each month.

I've now received a letter from Connaught saying its passed to their solicitors Judge & Priestly who want the balance in full in 16 days or their client "may" issues proceedings.

Thing is the solicitors letter says....

"We are instructed by 1st Credit that you entered into a written agreement numbered XXXXXXXXX with PROGRESSIVE CREDIT LIMITED.

That number does not tie up with the Metropolitan one. Have checked my credit file and its says Credit card from 1st Credit but scroll down and theres also credit card from HSBC.

So, I guess i should CCA request but do i send to Judge & Priestly or Connaught Collections?

And what about the payments Metropolitan have been taking all this time?

By right the CCA should go to the person in control of the debt, a SAR goes to the Original Creditor (OC) as far as them "threatening" you this is a big no no, You must keep all the letters you get in regards to your debts in a file and if it goes to Court you can show the Judge how much they are harassing you, even though you are being responsible and paying your debts, you have an arrangement in place and that's that, the can rant and rave all they want too, you are covered so long as you stick to the new agreement you have.

Also can you prove by way of bank statements you have been paying this debt? If not you will need to ask your bank for them so you can verify this has been happening.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hi oldage

I would check the couple of letters from 1st credit. You should find that one may be a Notice of Assignment informing you that they have purchased the debt from HSBC and are now the legal owners.

Judge & Priestly or Connaught Collections are all part of 1st Credit.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread