Tax Credits Challenging Overpayments - Low Income Tax Reform Group guide

speedfreek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3737 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I've had an ongoing overpayment situation since last year for £3500, i wrote to HMRC in November making an offer of £10 month due to low income etc etc.....never heard anything until 16th January 2014 apologising for the delay in responding but they had now passed the debt to a DCA and i should contact them direct to discuss.

Letter from DCA dated 24th January (Rossendales) to say they had taken over the debt and they were disappointed i had not responded!!!!!

I wrote to Rossendales 28th January saying that due to my financial situation i could only offer to pay £10 and i wasn't prepared to enter into a plan that i couldn't commit to and i awaited their response.

Letter dated 7th February from Rossendales saying that i had failed to respond again, obviously letters had crossed in the post!

Letter dated 27th February from Rossendales:

Thanking me for correspondence, to enable them to consider my offer of repayment they must insist on details of my financial circumstances, requiring copies of wages slips, pension, child benefit, job seekers or disability allowance (as relevant). Also to forward full list of outgoings with a reasonable offer of payment within the next 7 days. I must also ensure regular payments are made whilst they consider the offer of instalments.

Which part of my offer for £10 due to my situation do they not understand........seriously do i have to prove my income and outgoings, i thought only a court could ask for this?

I have just read through the link you kindly posted early and it does say if making payments causes hardship they may allow extra time to pay (up to 10 years) i have worked out i can probably stretch to £20 month but that's really going to be a struggle. I appreciate this debt is going to take a long time to pay but i can't change my situation and the debts i already have :(

Any advice would be welcome?

Thank you in advance

Just write back to them saying you will make a payment of £10 on the 1st of each month (or whenever a suitable date is for you) and you do not feel the need to provide income and expenditure details