Tomlin order or FO

lordvader14
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3789 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I was hoping for some sound advice. (sorry this is going to be long). My wife was made redundant around the time she fell pregnant. this ruined us financially. I wrote to all my creditors and heard nothing back. i got threatening letters and re wrote to all my creditors.

I Also called them and set out a payment plan exept HSBC. The person at HSBC was new and couldnt speak much English. In the end I had to terminate the call I re sent an income and expenditure form still nothing. Metropolitan wrote to me on there behalf and once again nothing back. then a few months later DG Solicitors wrote to me. Once again no response to my income and expenditure form.

I then get a letter from the county court. I fill it in and send it ti DG. they claim nothing has arrived but this time it was sent recorded. once I sent the signature they miraculous ly found it!

I Complained that I was going to get a CCJ because they wouldnt respond to my payment offers. The lady said from DG. 'We wont exept your offer of 40 pounds but if you arrange to pay 240 pounds we will hold back the ccj and do a Tomlin order' I complained to the FO and in turn they sent the complainedt to HSBC.

HSBC final response is we have no records of anything and Metropolitan dont either. convenient DG say they could enter judge ment without waiting for the FO to investigate. as i sent the paper work in admitting the debt. I do owe the debt and ive never not paid what I owe.

The point what is a tomlin order? Do i send DG the letter the FO sent me asking for them to hold off legal.? shall I pay the 240 and struggle with the basics? Shall I call the county court and explain ?

Sorry ive sped through this on a rubbish phone so my spelling and grammer is rubbish.

Any help would be apreciated

Edited by citizenB
formatting

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?374442-tomlin-orders-info-please

Some information regarding Tomlin Orders in the link above.

I have also asked others from the site team to look in on you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you please slow down a bit and give us a proper chronological history of what has happened here with your attempts to come to a payment arrangement due to your financial difficulties and HSBC/ Met Collect ignoring your letters. .

Specifically we are concerned that :

You have received a claim form from the Court - Please confirm with - Issue date (top right hand corner) and what the claim is for.

You have said you completed and returned the form to DG Solicitors !! - Please confirm

That you have raised a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman - was this before or after you received the claim form and returned it.

Have you received a reference number from the FOS.

Edited by citizenB

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If you could please let us know the issue date urgently then we can advise what time you have left before they can request judgment.

BCOBS