Goods Received after refund

Pearlyj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3790 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I ordered a piece of furniture on line just after Christmas and paid for it, it had a lead time of 2 weeks, after the 2 weeks were up they e mailed me to say that they had no stock and did I want to go on a wait list, I said no and they refunded my money.

2 days ago they e mailed me to say they now had stock, as I wanted to think about it I didnt reply and yesterday the furniture turned up but no payment has been taken and there is none pending from my account.

What are my rights with this and would it be considered unsolicitaed goods

Many thanks

You have two choices - ask them to come and collect the goods immediately or if you would still like the item, pay them.

As you had in fact already cancelled the item then it is their responsibility.

If you would like the item and have the nerve, try and negotiate a small discount off the original price. Alternatively demand they collect the item swiftly.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you citizenB, I am hoping they overlook it completely (fat chance) :-D

Don't. There's a good chance that in a few months they'll suddenly come chasing for payment.

Sort this out now. Contact them to get the item taken back, or pay for it but, as said, try to negotiate a discount.

These are not going to be classed as unsolicited goods so you'll be onto a dead-end with that if they come chasing for payment.

I'm afraid that MaxxPower is right. Send them a letter as advised above. Do nothing on the phone. Negotiating a deal is a very good idea - probably about 50%. Explain in the letter very clearly what has happened. Ask them to collect their goods by appointment with in 7 days.

If they don't collect the goods then write to them again and tell them that you will be charging them storage at a daily rate.-- What are the items - how big are they> If it is table, then £5 per day - a suite - £20 per day. Small chair - £1 per day - you get the picture.

By the way - be aware that you have a duty to keep the goods in good condition and you may be liable for damage if you don't