ESA Stopped because I put in Appeal

bub1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just found out that my ESA (WRAG) was stopped because I put in an appeal about being put into the wrong work group.

I was then told that I could not appeal as time limit had ran out. NOwhere in any of my paperwork did it say I could appeal if decision was wrong.

So I sent in a letter with a letter from consultant at the hospital as I feel that I am in the wrong group and being hounded by the job centre to keep going there to see my adviser.

She then keeps telling me I can do training courses for Plumbing, electrics etc.,

Now this is considering I have COPD Arthritis in both hips and carpel tunnel syndrome and suffer from depression and raynauds.All confirmed by the hospital.

They have now said that it will start and be in my account on the 28th Jan.

Can they stop it even if I cant appeal.

The last appt at the job centre I could not attend and cancelled as I was ill and said I could provide proof of this.

I was also told that I could send in a letter and say that I did not appeal in the time limit as I was not informed.

Will they stop my money again while this is going on?

How many interviews do you have to attend at the job centre with an advisor I have had 10 now and missed the 11th.

Also been told that my review is due around october is it worth holding out till then and then put every bit of evidence with it or send in letter.

Thanks for your help

Hi

As far as im aware u have 1 month to appeal any decision made staring from the date they awarded u into the group. Says on ur award letter, or at least it should,

I dont think they can just cut u off without money. Others will have to advise u.

Please try and keep calm all will sort itself.

Thats is my argument. There was no paperwork with the letters about ESA regarding appealing with the decision.

I have put in a complaint about that but dont think it will get anywhere.

I think I am calm just very annoyed. It does mean though that I will have to do a bit of juggling with the bills etc., to make sure everything is paid and I will have to put them in order of importance until it is sorted starting with rent, which as they have stopped the money will be £200 short. But I am sure I can make this up somehow. I will not borrow as I know I will not be able to pay back.

It is income related ESA (sorry if I did not state that).

Also will I get very far if I complain to the manager of the job centre about my ESA advisor?

Thanks

You said you missed an appointment, is it possible your esa was stopped due to a sanction rather than you appealing? Money should NOT stop due to an appeal being put in regarding wrag to support group.

Appeals can normally be made within one month of your WCA decision, but late appeals can be made for up to 13 months later.

If your money was indeed mistakenly stopped when you appealed, then you should receive full back pay - if you don't, complain to the benefit delivery centre (address at the top of your award letters).

I don't know much about the work programme, so I'll let someone else weigh in on that.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hi,

I have just found out that my ESA (WRAG) was stopped because I put in an appeal about being put into the wrong work group.

I was then told that I could not appeal as time limit had ran out. NOwhere in any of my paperwork did it say I could appeal if decision was wrong.

So I sent in a letter with a letter from consultant at the hospital as I feel that I am in the wrong group and being hounded by the job centre to keep going there to see my adviser.

She then keeps telling me I can do training courses for Plumbing, electrics etc.,

Now this is considering I have COPD Arthritis in both hips and carpel tunnel syndrome and suffer from depression and raynauds.All confirmed by the hospital.

They have now said that it will start and be in my account on the 28th Jan.

Can they stop it even if I cant appeal.

The last appt at the job centre I could not attend and cancelled as I was ill and said I could provide proof of this.

I was also told that I could send in a letter and say that I did not appeal in the time limit as I was not informed.

Will they stop my money again while this is going on?

How many interviews do you have to attend at the job centre with an advisor I have had 10 now and missed the 11th.

Also been told that my review is due around october is it worth holding out till then and then put every bit of evidence with it or send in letter.

Thanks for your help

Thats is my argument. There was no paperwork with the letters about ESA regarding appealing with the decision.

I have put in a complaint about that but dont think it will get anywhere.

I think I am calm just very annoyed. It does mean though that I will have to do a bit of juggling with the bills etc., to make sure everything is paid and I will have to put them in order of importance until it is sorted starting with rent, which as they have stopped the money will be £200 short. But I am sure I can make this up somehow. I will not borrow as I know I will not be able to pay back.

It is income related ESA (sorry if I did not state that).

Also will I get very far if I complain to the manager of the job centre about my ESA advisor?

Thanks

Are you claiming housing benefit ?

Has that been stopped too or are they stilling pay HB,I noticed your rent is £1000 a month and there are arrears ! in your November 2013 thread .

My rent is £1000 a month.

I was paying £300 on top for arrears

Total £1300 a month

I am paying at the moment £1100 rent and arrears.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?408962-Rent-arrears1aK+F4PJ7cBm32CUNiyI2GAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hi Sorry for the late reply.

If I receive the £200 that they have stopped I can still pay the rent in full.

Yes I still owe arrears on it and lucky enough they HB didnt stop.

But the arrears have come down quite alot and by June 2014 they will be clear.

To top it all on Friday had a email from LL saying the lady that does his books says that September payment bounced went into his account then came out again and was never paid back in.

(I know not this subject been writing on)

I replied that is strange and she must have got me mixed up with someone else as " I PAY THE RENT CASH DIRECT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT IT DOES NOT GO BY SO OR DD"

I dont think his book keeping lady likes me.

I have also received a PIP Claim Form which I will fill in and send back, but do not hold out much hope on that one.

Will see if the £200 goes into my account with the Post Office tomorrow as they said it would.

Havent had another appt with the Job centre adviser yet, but when I do she will get a piece of my mind and I will be taking all my medication and paperwork down with me.

How many appts are you supposed to have with them?

Thanks

If my benefit was sanctioned then I should have been notified, but they said it was because of the appeal I put in. Have asked them to put that in writing again I doubt if they will.