Tashaa1974 v Natwest

Tashaa1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

After reading your success stories and a friend of mine winning a few I thought I'd give it a go. Natwest have been awful to me since 1992..I don't know why I have stayed for so long. I can remember one time when they took away my overdraft and then made me take out a loan from them to pay it back!

Anyhows I sent my letter to the DP person yesterday so fingers crossed, I feel it might be quite a large amount.

I have opened another bank account just in case although am a tad worried as have a loan with Natwest (on really crappy terms actually)..,maybe I'll look elsewhere for that too!

Good luck to you Tashaa, and I wouldn't worry too much about the loan situation though, there seems to be few others in the same boat, me included!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there

Natwest have recently offered me the full amount (minus any interest) and minus any court fees I have paid. I have told them I would accept it as part payment. Was I too cocky? Should I have accepted it?? The paying out of 120 for inital claim and then 100 for AQ sees kind of justifiable in claiming back.

Am I going to come unstuck??

I did read the site before sending it and only now have come across some cautionary tales....

Hi there

NatWest have recently offered me the full amount (minus any interest) and minus any court fees I have paid. I have told them I would accept it as part payment. Was I too cocky? Should I have accepted it?? The paying out of 120 for inital claim and then 100 for AQ sees kind of justifiable in claiming back.

Am I going to come unstuck??

I did read the site before sending it and only now have come across some cautionary tales....

If you have filed the claim at court they are obliged to repay those amounts. They will come back with the full amount just stick to your guns. Also please stick to one thread for this claim you have 2. :)

Dear [named sender or Sirs]

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx. Prior to receipt of your letter I have filed a claim in the County Court and have therefore incurred further costs.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, interest and court fees now totalling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

heres the one i sent today

micheal browne pointed me in the right direction

luco

I won £5289 heres how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/40703-saint-luco-natwest.html

ITS NOT WHETHER YOU WON OR LOST, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME THAT MATTERS. ( OBVIOUSLY A LOSER THEN):D :D :D

i got a letter like that today as well, still considering whether i accept or not as it is full settlement (less court costs and interest)

i';m not sure how well a rebuff like the one above would work, given that they accept no liability for the charges. is anyone able to give some guidance on likley hood of getting interest and costs back. do natwest up their offers?

I think what got me in their reply was their 'to avoid this cutomers can arrange overdrafts blah blah blah' something they would never give me..even though they knew I had just started a job/had money coming in. I also had a letter from cobbetts who like to sign that all the info for their court info request is true true and yet blatantly lie when they say I haven't told anyone the details of the charges/which account they apply to!

On top of this I have already paid out court costs etc.

i understand - i'm in same boat as have nearly 500 quid interest and 220 quid costs to date. and if they'd responded as such before i wouldnt have had to go to court or incur the costs. the annoying thing is the offer letter purported to be in response to the very first letter i sent to natwest on the matter months ago - yet you know its just a case of cobbetts giving the nod to natwest saying "think you need to send an offer letter out now, lads, this one's serious about pursuing this claim".

• 4 weeks later...

I may seem impatient but having looked on this forum there seem to be a fair few winners whose claims have ogne through quicker then mine. My AQ deadline was the 26th of Feb (which I met and paid for) I have received a copy of Cobbetts AQ/defence (re: non CPR 18 etc) and have not heard anything since. Has anyone else had anything through Canterbury County Court? I must say could do with the money at the mo as nursery fees are due and its a very tight month!

For clarification I am going for fees plus interest (not contractual).

I have never waited for the postman so much!:confused:

It seems like aeons ago that I started the process..I have the money allocated for driving lessons and an old banger to get myself and my children from A-B..the bus only takes you so far!

I hate seeming impatient but I happened to see alot of winning cases recently!

Tasha

After that last message today I have recieved an order for an Allocation Hearing on the 26 April. Has anyone had one of these/had to attend..can anyone tell me about them/point me towards some threads..I'm not sure if I feel sick/nervous/excited/relieved!

Okay I have now read the site section on the allocation hearing but would still be grateful for any experiences/advice. Also would it be worth sending natwest/cobbetts a letter stating that interest is ticking along and I would be willing to settle for claim +court fees +interest up to day I send the letter?

'Bump' means Nattie has kindly moved your thread near to the top of the posts so that someone will see it quickly and respond! I haven't reached the court stage yet Tasha, but hopefully someone with a lot of knowledge/experience will be along today to help you out with this one. Michael Browne................. are you there? :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Heeeeeey Tasha, read the other threads on how this has unfolded. Basically,

a) fill in the AQ if you have had it

b) chances are it wont get so far as appearing in court

c) Cobbets have yet to appear in court to offer full breakdown of charges

d) chances are they will settle before whatever date hearing has been scheduled for. But they will take it right to the wire, i.e. day before, night before or even morning of court hearing

e) dont lose faith

f) you will win

g) Dont worry.

You will get your charges, plus interest, plus court costs, but they will drag it out as long as they possibly can without having to appear in court. You will win, but you just gotta be patient and play the game right to the end day. The money is yours, you just have to wait wait wait, till the end game is up. All the best, but you truly wont need it. Fendy xxxxx Keep your ear to the ground.

Heeeeeey Tasha, read the other threads on how this has unfolded. Basically,

a) fill in the AQ if you have had it

I have done this hence why I have had an Allocation Order Hearing from the court:wink:

b) chances are it wont get so far as appearing in court

Well the court date is apr!

c) Cobbets have yet to appear in court to offer full breakdown of charges

Yes I've got that hint..:)

d) chances are they will settle before whatever date hearing has been scheduled for. But they will take it right to the wire, i.e. day before, night before or even morning of court hearing

Yes I figure that as well :)

e) dont lose faith

No worries there..I'm not to scared of the courts per se etc (I was a Trade Union Official in my previous profession)

f) you will win

goody

g) Dont worry.

I think I'm more impatient/want to have all points covered

quote]

As the lovely Parkvale keeps saying to me. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE. Thats the one trait you will need to have in huge amounts for this process. I dont necessarily think you have to even be that brave, you just need lots of patience to play the waiting game and what with the claims at the moment mounting up like ants on a dung pile the court process is taking even longer at the moment, so its no quick Fix. You just need to be very very patient and ensure you meet all your deadlines. Stick with it. It will be so worth it in the end, and not just for the money. For the knowledge you will have gained along the way. Never again will any of us be a pushover for any bank. Once you have taken back the power, its yours to keep for always. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxx