Are they allowed to do this?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Back in may 2012,

I went to halifax bank and got an advisor to help me re-mortgage for a 2yr fixed deal with halifax bank.

Today I called them generally to ask some questions regarding making overpayments

and also when I can make an appointment with an advisor to get my mortgage product reviewed.

I was shocked to find out that even though I took out 2yr mortgage in may 2012, it doesn't finish until end of aug 2014!

How can they do that?

A 2yr fixed should run from may 2012 to may 2014, should it not?

Yes, it's true that it states it on the paperwork,

but if your told that your in a certain length of contract,

then surely that should be the length?

In my eyes thats sneeky as the actual length of term is not 2yrs, but 2yrs and 3mths!!!!.

For example how would you guys feel if you were told that your mobile contract is 12mths, but on the paper it ran from jan 2014 to april 2015?

Is there anything I can do about this?

Thanks for your help.

Have you asked them how they calculated this?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Firstly, what does it say in your paperwork, the exact words? secondly, the advisor should have given you some paperwork prior to the mortgage application, it can be called a "Reason why Letter" in which he states what product he recommends and why and the important facts, ie the term and when it would start and finish.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi renegade and Lula,

Thank you for your fast reploes. I asked the lady and she said that it clearly states the product end date on the kfi and unfortunately she's right it does! But she did say it was a bit odd. I'm not sure about a reason why letter...nor do i remember it. But if you are told it's a 2yr deal and you take it out in may 2012, then surely it should come to an end in may 2014? ...otherwise how can you call it a 2yr fixed deal?

If it clearly states that on the KFI then you might just have to wait, did you get a letter from the consultant at all? what did that say?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Just ask them, they will happily tell you :-) then add up how much you save with the new product.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Only if the product is with them, if you consult a Financial Adviser they will also help you calculate it.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled