Grievance and off sick....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3810 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if anyone can help me,

I have been employed with the same company for 5 years, in the last 2 years we've had a couple of managers promoted from a very low level with no managerial experience. During this time period i have been subjected to what i feel discrimination, bullying, intimidation and general unfairly treated that also some colleagues have picked up on and notified me also.

It has taken me to a point where im now off with work related stress and depression which is a living nightmare. After 2 years of this i have decided enough is enough and lodged a 7 page grievance on the managers.

Now the HR department is very one sided, i have seen it from a outside of the box perspective ie from previous colleagues who have had the similar treatment to what i am receiving and i will not get a fair investigation of my claims. All claims i know will be refuted and dismissed of. I am aware this will happen.

The last time i went to work was in a meeting where a manager clearly and blatantly lied to cover himself, later after this meeting i had a huge anxiety attack and my doctor advised i need to take off work before something more serious happens. I have been off for 3 weeks.

Recently i lodged a grievance which actually i have been writing and adding bits to it for over a period of time (few months). Now i am asked to attend a hearing which i feel in no fit state of mind to do so. I desperately would like to attend in the hope something can be done and i can get back to work and work happily again. However i really feel uncomfortable to attend at the moment.

So my question really is, where do i stand on this? this is the first time ive ever had to raise any concerns in this manner in my lifetime and i do not know the system with regards to this. Could i ask the employer to reschedule? if they do not agree to can i ask them to investigate without my presence?

Thanks alot

Yes you can ask the employer to reschedule. You need to see your Doctor to ensure you are signed off for the relevant period.

There is a set process for grievences. Normally once you lodge it, you are then asked to attend an interview with an HR Manager and /or an independent manager from the business. This first interview is to understand the facts of the grievence you are making and not to try to close the grievence. They would then go away to investigate it further and once this is done a further meeting is then arranged. You are then given a formal response in writing advising you of the outcome and how you can appeal any decision.

If you are a member of any trade union, you should contact them for advice. You are entitled to take in with you to the meeting a trade union rep, legal advisor or work colleague. All meetings should have formal minutes taken, with you given a copy to agree to/sign or amend as necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1461

ACAS have some useful information and a helpline.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks unclebulgaria67

I have spoken to acas actually and they gave some good advice, but you know what its like you put the phone down then remember later on that there is further questions you need to ask.

Do you know (or anyone else for that matter) know if i could possibly ask my employer to reschedule the meeting to a closer place to home? there is a location much closer but they have opted to host it 2 hours drive away.... only i really do not feel up to travelling 4 hours round trip to the location that they are requesting me to visit. I wouldnt mind as much normally but as im currently off with stress and depression i really cannot see myself making that trip, i have left my house twice since ive been off work.

They have not asked if i want to bring a trade union or colleague with me? should i assume its ok to as you mention?

You should have been provided with a copy of your company grievance procedure. If you haven't then ask them to send you a copy. Email may be best at this time of year.

It seems rather unreasonable to ask you to travel when you're unwell.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

You should have been provided with a copy of your company grievance procedure. If you haven't then ask them to send you a copy. Email may be best at this time of year.

It seems rather unreasonable to ask you to travel when you're unwell.

Thanks i have requested the grievance policy and received it promptly.

Do you think its possible to ask them to reschedule it to a closer location? i have no idea how im going to get there as they have also taken the company vehicle off me too.

See what your procedure says and failing that phone acas for advice. I have to say that it seems unreasonable to make you travel so far, especially while ill but hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be able to confirm if this is deemed acceptable.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.