LOWELLS harassing my parents for a debt not theirs please help

jccatt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

I'm very relieved to find this website as now I don't feel alone

My elderly parents have for the past 2 months been harassed by a company called LOWELLS

phone calls - usually one at least per day, and letters - one per week

they claim that my brother owes £12,000 in debt

- but my brother does NOT, he doesn't have any loan etc

and he left home over 7 years ago

so why are they sending these letters and calling my parents?

how do we get this to stop

my poor father is dreadfully upset and he wants to know why this debt is at his address, etc

he tells them time and time again my brother does not live there but they ignore him

the letters are getting more threatening and I'm very worried

my brother is abroad so I'm trying to help

any advice please

Hi and welcome to CAG

Firstly, get a recorder. Show your parents how to use it then record the Leeds Losers each and every time they ring.

IF the letters are addressed to your brother, write 'Not at this address' and post them back.

I hope Lowell are not discussing this debt with your parents over the phone

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thread moved to debt collection forum. Just carry on posting as if nothing has occurred

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

HI welcome to CAG,

I take it that Lowell has not written or divulged this to your parents?

If Lowell is writing to them direct it's a breach of OFT Guidance on debt collection.

So get the following sent to Lowell by recorded/signed for post.-

Private & Confidential

For the Attention of:-

Ms Sara de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date: Ref: any ref they have given.

Re. Formal Complaint Harassment of a 3rd Party.

Dear Ms de Tute,

I write regarding Lowell conduct in regard to contacting Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxxxxx,.

I understand that Lowell are pursuing an alleged debt it claims is owed by Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx, please take note of the following points:-

1. Mr xxxxxxxxxxxx is not resident at the address Lowell is writing to and has not resided there for more than 7 years.

2.The number and tone of Lowell's correspondence ha now reached a level that amounts to serious harassment of an elderly couple and is causing great distress.

3. There is no financial link between Mr xxxxx and this address.

4. Lowell have been repeatedly informed of the circumstances.Lowell is as |I'm sure you are aware Ms de Tute breaching a number of sections of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 (updated Nov. 2012).

Given the information above Lowell WILL now cease contacting Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxxxx by any means and Lowell is required to remove all data relating to them including names/addresses/telephone numbers mobile or land line with immediate effect and will confirm in writing that it has done so.

I would expect Lowell to make an unreserved apology for its appalling conduct and suggest a gesture of compensation for the stress and distress caused by Lowell.

This is a formal complaint which allows Lowell 56 days to investigate and respond, however in this situation I would expect are very prompt response, failure to do so will lead to complaints to the regulatory authorities.

Get that sent asap, just fill in the points marked xxxxxxxxxx.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I would suggest a formal complaint letter to the person/address by recorded delivery as Brig Suggests.

Hopefully this should stop Lowell harassing your family. Lowell are not allowed to communicate with a debtor via a third party. Debt is in a persons names and does not affect an address or other people living at an address. It is just a pain.

At some point, your Brother may wish to check his UK credit record to ensure that a debt has not been wrongly applied against his record.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hello

thank you very much for your advice

I will send this letter off to them today.

i will keep the forum updated, it awful to hear so many stories about these unscrupulous so called business'.

HI welcome to CAG,

I take it that Lowell has not written or divulged this to your parents?

If Lowell is writing to them direct it's a breach of OFT Guidance on debt collection.

So get the following sent to Lowell by recorded/signed for post.-

Private & Confidential

For the Attention of:-

Ms Sara de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Date: Ref: any ref they have given.

Re. Formal Complaint Harassment of a 3rd Party.

Dear Ms de Tute,

I write regarding Lowell conduct in regard to contacting Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxxxxx,.

I understand that Lowell are pursuing an alleged debt it claims is owed by Mr xxxxxxxxxxxxx, please take note of the following points:-

1. Mr xxxxxxxxxxxx is not resident at the address Lowell is writing to and has not resided there for more than 7 years.

2.The number and tone of Lowell's correspondence ha now reached a level that amounts to serious harassment of an elderly couple and is causing great distress.

3. There is no financial link between Mr xxxxx and this address.

4. Lowell have been repeatedly informed of the circumstances.Lowell is as |I'm sure you are aware Ms de Tute breaching a number of sections of the OFT Guidance on Debt Collection 2003/2006 (updated Nov. 2012).

Given the information above Lowell WILL now cease contacting Mr & Mrs xxxxxxxxxx by any means and Lowell is required to remove all data relating to them including names/addresses/telephone numbers mobile or land line with immediate effect and will confirm in writing that it has done so.

I would expect Lowell to make an unreserved apology for its appalling conduct and suggest a gesture of compensation for the stress and distress caused by Lowell.

This is a formal complaint which allows Lowell 56 days to investigate and respond, however in this situation I would expect are very prompt response, failure to do so will lead to complaints to the regulatory authorities.

Get that sent asap, just fill in the points marked xxxxxxxxxx.

Make sure you send that letter by recorded delivery. That way they cannot deny they havent recieved it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D