Tax Credits Compliance letter AGHHH

Catbeast
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

We've had a letter from the Tax Credit Compliance office which wants:

Payslips, P11D forms, P60 forms, P45 forms, letters from childcare providers and even print outs from our internet banking for January 2013 to April 2013 to do with a tax credits claim we put in for April 2012 to April 2013. We are no longer claiming tax credits.

We were claimed for £17 a week childcare (reduced rate due to my receiving childcare vouchers through salary sacrifice) and also received £3000 worth of child tax credit due to my husband's low income.

I've contacted my childminders to ask them for help to provide statements for the period.

I can't see anything dodgy in the claim. My husband was out of work very briefly at the start of April 2012 but then was in a new deal training program which led to a job. They were informed of this at the time and his income from job seekers is stated on the form.

Two things though, I'm scared they will find something, somehow even though I don't feel we were doing anything dodgy, and there is no way I am putting all my personal information in the post to these people. I certainly don't want to give them 4 months of internet banking statements.

What can I do?

You'll be fine. Write down a timeline and keep a note of every single phone call and letter, even when you try to phone and it's engaged. Be very nice and try and get whoever you speak to onside. Send them everything. Keep copies. Remember, they're not always very good at understanding complexities so keep it simple. Try not to worry - this is routine and they have to do it to a certain number of people. They are totally overwhelmed and cannot cope, but will still send out automatic demands if you don't deal with it. Unfortunately, once they've got you in the system they will probably do this every year. I think it makes their life easier. However, if you look really organised on paper - for example send numbered receipts, that will help.

Whatever you do, take photocopies, and proof of postings at all times. Expect incompetence.

Hail Maries help with the worry!

Good luck.