Can a company keep charging my debit card?

andie_303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased something from a wholesale company a few months ago over the phone

and gave them my debit card details.

Since then they have helped themselves to my card without asking if it's ok.

Last week I ordered something and was told it would be dispatched in January (there's a manufacturing time of 12 weeks)

and they'd ring me to take payment then.

But today I've found that the company have just helped themselves to the money today

and for something else that I was told would be delivered on February.

When I've rang to ask why they've taken the money I was told they'd come in to stock sooner so just took the money now instead.

I would have liked a phonecall asking if it was ok before they just help themselves as I hadn't budgeted for that going out.

I haven't given them permission to take payment nor have it signed or agreed to any storing or continuing payment authority.

Lloyd's seem less than willing to get involved

- they've said I just have to take it up with the company who took the payment.

Surely they can't just keep helping themselves as and when?

Get your bank to chargeback due to an authorised transaction, then get the card AND the CPA on your account cancelled.

They you need to get a full complaint going with the company.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

A second thought,

did they take more than what you actually owed,

since they sent the items out?

If they sent the items out and debited the account,

then there would have been a simple clause in their t&c's.

Normally something simple like " Payment will be taken at item of dispatch".

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

There is technically no CPA or even a little line in their T&C's as they have none. They are doing a customer not present transaction on a pdq machine with my card details they have obviously stored without asking.

I've read somewhere that they aren't allowed to store the CVV number but I'm not sure how true this is?